Sunday, September 7, 2008

September Sharing



September is the first month of fall. The month of sharing. So, I thought I'd share with you a part of my life. People are always asking me how I create such sexy heroes and intriguing villains for my novels. The answer to those questions are in the picture above. All my heroes come from my DH. Yes, that handsome man to my right.

WARNING: Hands off ladies! He's mine and I'll fight like a Tasmanian Devil to keep him. Heroes are hard to find. That's why I usually keep mine buried like a treasure, but for this rare moment in time, I'm giving you a glimpse of my hero.

That little black spot in my lap with the pink tongue is my inspiration for all my villains. Yap, it's my three year old Yorkie-Poo and I love him to death. His name is Zeus. The hero felt the little tike needed a big name since he was suppose to be only a five pound lap dog. Zeus ended up being fifteen pounds. My guess is he thought he was suppose to grow into his name, and did. He's got quite a personality and I get most of my ideas for villains from him because he's a little devil at heart. But you've got to love him. He's so cute, don't you think?

If you're wondering about the little white dog - his name is Teddy and belongs to my Mother-In-Law. Teddy's one of Zeus' friends and he loves to spin in circles. We're not sure why. He does it whenever we drop by for a visit. I've never seen a dog do that before. Does anyone else have a spinning dog?



Now the little pup at the right is my sister's dog and he's Zeus' very best friend. His name is Nutmeg and together they could rule the world, their both little villains, but lover's at heart.

So, tell me about your handsome and sexy heroes and lovable dogs?

Hawk

10 comments:

Vicki said...

Awww, I love the doggies. :) My real life hero would have to be Science Guy. He not only believes in my dreams but he reminds me of them if I have a down day. He is more than fine to have stove top mac and cheese, if I'm in the middle of a huge, can't stop right now, scene. Gotta love any man who can do that, because I'm not so keen on the stuff myself.

My babies are Meisha (20-21lbs) and Sassy (6lbs). We were told Meisha wouldn't get any bigger than 10lbs. Yeah, not so much. Sassy is the curl in your lap and sleep dog and Meisha is the just let me be near you. The funny thing about her is if I go to bed before SG or take a nap, Meisha goes into guard dog mode. Even to SG. He can walk past the room and she's barking for all she's worth.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

So - dog isn't always MAN'S BEST FRIEND, huh? Sounds like your Meisha is girl's best friend.

My little traitor! }:-/ Zeus was supposed to be my dog but truth be known - my Zeus lives for the hero.

I think he sees me just as the nice woman that bakes fresh chicken thighs for his meals, hand feeds him those meals, and scratches his full belly when he demands it...but that's about it.

I know - he's got me wrapped around his paw. But I can't help it - he's so cute.

Ah, so you've got a hero as well that you're keeping hidden. When are you going to show him off?

I'll keep my eye on your site!

Hugs
Hawk

Anne-Marie said...

AM waving from under the rubble. lol You both know about my babies. Savannah Lynn, is my 70 lb white chicken...oops, I meant lab. Penelope Ann, aka PeePee, is my 24 lb black party mix cock-a-poo, and the littlest of me lil darlin's is my 6 lb teacup peek-a-poo.

Oh, and then I have my loveable husband Joseph, aka Josie. You gotta love him. How many husbands would still work at the age of 68 so their wife could stay home and write sex. lol He's my real life hero and inspiration. We've been through so much together, I can't ever imagine us not being together.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Anne-Marie,

You've been missed, young lady!

LOL Savannah Lynn's a chicken? What's she afraid of? The only thing my little Zeus is afraid of is the ghost in my house. Nothing else stops him.

Ah, a teacup peek-a-poo...I love little dogs. My Zeus was suppose to be a teacup...

Josie a real hero in my book. As I said in the blog - they're hard to find, so hold on to that one. And it's true, you can't imagine life without them, they become such a part of you. We're lucky.

Hugs
Hawk

Vicki said...

What AM didn't add is how her little one has a ton of clothes, including pj's, and is taken for a driver every night. But she is the cutest thing. Oh and there are the matching binkies, which she carries in her mouth. :)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Ah ha - so I'm not the only one wrapped around the paw!

I didn't know about the PJ's. I've seen the cute Binkies shot on A-M's blog. OMG, a drive every night!

Man oh man some doggies have it made in the shade, don't they? In my next life I'm coming back as a dog. LOL

hugs Hawk

Anonymous said...

hey Hawk,

Well you know I don't have a dog, but I do have bunnies. Delilah and Fergie keep me busy. Del is a big ball of black fur, who would rather be left alone then god for bid get a kiss on her cute little head and Fergie is half light brown and the other half white. she looks like she got dipped in paint. She's a groomer, so don't pick her up unless you want to get bunny kisses, but she hates getting a kiss as much as Del does.
Now my hero on the other hand loves kisses! He might work from home and send me off into the outside world every day, but he sure knows how to take care of me.
Jan

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Jan,

I'm so glad you stopped by to tell us all about your sweet bunnies and the hero in your life.

For those of us girls who have found our heroes - we are truly blessed...for those who haven't found them yet...believe and it'll be so.

Hawk

Christine said...

Great pictures!! Zeus is adorable as are his little friends.

I grew up with dogs as a kid,but when I started my own family, I agreed to cats purely because they're so much easier to take care of (and leave at home for the weekend). So I've spent half my life a dog lover and the other half a cat lover. Can you tell I'm a Libra? So diplomatic. ;)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hi Christine,

Thanks for coming back to visit! I'm an animal lover...I love them all. They're just little walking bundles of love, aren't they?

Well hey, Libre ~ I'm an Aquarian. BTW, Happy B-day to come.

Hawk