Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is there Life after Death?

First, I'd like to THANK JUDI for such a wonderful week, last week. I just think you're a sweetheart for coming to answer questions and talk with all of us. You know we'll be out there with our hot little hands ready to grab our copy of "In Over Her Head" asap come June First! xox

Now for this post. I posted this article below last year; I hope those who have read it won’t mind the reprint. This past week I had a dear friend whose father passed away – so I’m re-publishing it for her.

For those of you who missed the first posting of this article, I hope you enjoy it and see it as food of thought. This is a true experience. It happened to me.

For my dear friend, I hope it brings comfort to your soul to know what the Gods keep hidden from us. They aren’t hiding it to be mean…they’re just smart enough to know, if we humans remembered home…none of us would stay here on Earth in this Physical form. That’s why we agreed NOT to remember.

For me and others like me, who do remember the blue path…it’s hard, but I take comfort in sharing the light with those of you who don’t remember and need to bring your hearts some peace…if this is my only purpose in this life then I’m a happy soul.

Enjoy - Walk Among The Wild Flowers.(First Published April 2004 by The Pepper Tree A Literary Magazine. Re-published September 2008 on Houston A.W. Knight’s Blog).


I’ve had a secret for more than forty years. I can no longer watch in silence as my loved ones mourn their lost loves and say nothing. Too many times they’ve turned to me and asked, “Is there really a heaven?” My secret is their answer.

“Are you sure you’re ready to go?”
“Oh, yes!” I said eagerly, as he led me toward the most beautiful field of wildflowers I’d ever seen.
“Are you sure?” he questioned, as I placed my tiny hand in his warm and caring one. Looking up into his awesome blue eyes, I gave an anxious nod and noted the angel-like glow of his whitish-blond hair.
“What about your twin? She needs you. You have to go back and take care of her,” the tall, slim woman with him added in a gentle voice. “It’s not time for you yet.”

Suddenly, I felt a rending suction sensation. I was being drawn back into my physical body with a vengeance. But how had I left my body in the first place? Who were these two beings who were leading me down that breathtaking path?

All questions faded as I rapidly became aware that I was in a dead body and it was mine. Not a sound did it make. The raging river noise of my blood rushing through my body wasn’t there. It’s a sound you’re born hearing, but you become so accustomed to it you don’t hear it—until it stops. My eyes opened and widened with fear. What was I supposed to do? I tried to call out to my father for help, but I had no breath; my lungs had no air.

Get up. Go to your father. The angel man’s voice said in my head.
I thought with a bit of annoyance, I can’t, there are snakes under my bed! To a nine year old, death played a minor part in life compared to snakes. Snakes can kill you and I wasn’t really dead – I was still alive, I had a body of sorts, and I was communicating with these two very nice beings. If this was death, then it wasn’t so bad. I was still alive! I didn’t need that body that lies in my bed, blue and lifeless. That body was like clothing, the real me was this one, the one who wanted so badly to walk the blue path among the wildflowers.

Before I could change my mind and slip out of that inanimate earth form, I felt the two beings place their hands under each of my physical arms and lift my body up. Pound on the wall, the angelic man whispered in my mind, and I did. I felt only pressure against my hands. I heard nothing as my tiny fist banged and banged. Without breath in the body, your ears do not hear, but I pounded, as the divine man had asked.

Suddenly, my father appeared in the room, and I felt the heavenly beings release me. My body fell limp to the bed. Abruptly, I found myself once again standing beside the spirit people. I watched as my father grabbed my expired body and rushed from the room to a more lighted one. I felt the fear that gripped his pounding heart as he mournfully stared into the puffy, blue face of his child. The baby wasn’t breathing!

I heard his prayer to God, and once again, I was imbibed into that defunct body. My eyes opened just long enough to see my father’s face full of terror, his eyes filled with a father’s love and determination to bring his child back to life. His face got closer, and my world went dark.

I remained in this darkness for several hours. The spirit people had some work to do on my body. You see, it had been dead for more than ten minutes—there was damage that needed repair. So the body, to all appearances, was sleeping calmly through the night into the late morning hours.

When I finally did take control over this physical form of clothing for my spirit body, with God’s blessing and the angel’s hard work I awakened without brain damage. Of course, I know some of you reading this would say I had lots of brain damage, but what can I say? It happened.

Through the years, this experience has never left me. At times I’ve questioned its validity and my sanity. Then one day, a beloved friend showed me a book by Robert A. Monroe. It was called Journeys Out of the Body. I finally understood what had happened to me and to others like me who have had a near-death experience.

To those of you who believe me, take comfort in knowing your loved ones live on. Don’t ever be afraid of death. There’s a wonderful world on the other side with beautiful people just waiting for us to return and walk among the wildflowers.

I hope you all enjoyed the blog and yes there was more to this experience than I've written. If any of you have any questions, like; is my belated loved one happy there? I will answer you in the comment secton of this blog.

My question is, has this happened to any of you and how do you deal with the knowledge of the Gods?

Hugs to all
Hawk

17 comments:

Lea said...

Hey Hawk:

What a beautiful post. :)

You are truly a gifted person.

Warmest Regards
L

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Lea!

How are you doing, sweetie?

Thank you for the kind words...gifted? I'm not sure if I'm gifted or just a crazy Irish girl...teeheee, but my beliefs get me through and have seemed to help others from time to time.

The Earth (The Gods gift to us)is a beautiful place...but it will never be home. So just remember, when those we love step over...know in your heart, they are HOME...home is where the heart truly is.

Cyber hugs
Hawk

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Hawk!!

Love the blog, I had read it earlier when you invited me to peek into you blog archives. It moved me as much then as it did now.

There are many wonderful forces working within our universe. I believe in ghosts or spirits, wee creatures forgotten in memories of places far away. I believe in the mother Earth and her wondrous ways. I believe this with my whole heart. I believe in out of body experiences and I know loved ones move to a better place yet unknown or remembered by those left behind. It doesn't make it any easier for us to let go, but the things I always try to remember is that they're not really gone. They're around us everyday, looking after us, encouraging us.

((hugs))

Dottie

Liza said...

Hawk,

This is such a wonderful post and you are a gifted writer. Your story gives me peace about my friends and family who have died. I've always believed that someone comes to take you home. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Dottie!

Oh, I'm so glad to hear you didn't mind rereading it...you've touched my heart with your kind words.

I'm a believer like you...in all the wonders the Gods have put here for us to experience and on the many levels they have given us to experience them on.
For goodness sakes ... If we didn't BELIEVE in the physical world we know on Earth, it wouldn't exist. Without our belief nothing exist because we create our own world.

Yes, they can see us at any time...it's us who can't see them but that's because we're here on Earth to learn emotions...death is part of the lessons we learn and that's why we can't see them...at times our loved one might come to us after death because we aren't handling the lesson of death well...to guide us to the right path, they appear as a ghost to give us courage to go on and to learn the lesson.

Earth is a wonderful school full of beautiful images and emotions...and within our souls we grow just from being here.

Cyber hugs, my dear sister in heart!
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Liza,

Thank you for your sweet words but I can't take credit for what the Gods have done. They are the ones who gave me the courage to put pen to paper and write what they showed me.

I'm just happy to be able to share it with you...and not have men in white coats show up to take me away.
;-)

To know I've helped bring peace to your soul and to the souls of others, fills my heart with happiness.

At one time in my life, I did try to keep silent about this...but that Irish tonuge just couldn't stay silent when watching the pain others went through with death and not comfort them with what I knew...

Thank you for accepting me as I am...a wee bit odd I know, but hopefully loveable...or at least likable, LOL.

Big Hugs Darlin'
Hawk

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Hawk!!

Passing on a blog award to you!

hugs

Dottie ;-)

Judi Fennell said...

And sometimes loved ones come back to keep you company - while you're gardening.

Seriously, a white cat appeared out of a drain pipe in the middle of a snow storm and lived with us for 7 years - and he used to watch me garden, just like my grandfather, Whitey, used to do.

I don't question; I accept. He was a gift for those 8 years.

Lovely post, Hawk!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Judi!

OMG, I'm so happy you came by to visit...I'm flattered! xox

Yes, most people don't know (because some that pass-over don't always appear as a ghost,) but those who loved us and worried about us when they were alive, still worry about us on the other side...so yes, they do come back to visit and some stay on this side of the blue path to watch over you. Some stay for only a year or two and others until they're told it's alright to move on...others stay until they FEEL you're alright and now they can rest their minds over the worry they had about you.

The story of the cat (IN THE SNOW) is proof. You're right not all come as ghost. Some come as birds and other animals that you don't expect and usually the animal is out of place in the environment to make sure you notice them.
My hubby's father...he follows us as we walk our dog at night or early morning...he'll turn on or off the street lights as we pass under it...and the lights don't do this to anyone else...it never did to us until his father stepped over...so we know it's him.

It's life on both sides AMAZING?

Hugs and thank you so much for coming to visit!
Hawk

Judi Fennell said...

wow - you said something powerful there, Hawk. I hadn't realized that my cat died the day before I went to the event where I talked about my books to my future editor until you mentioned about them leaving when they felt you were all right.

thank you.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Judi,

Our loved ones don't change with death, because a portion of the physical is still attached to them for a time. So, they still feel strong about certian issues and loves and hates...
Should someone have unresolved issues that eat at them...they are allowed to stay on this side of the blue path for a time (as a "Short term" ghost) to see or HELP things get resolved.

Then usually they are taken to a "Washing" area and slowly they are cleans
of all physical concerns...before they are then taken home.

Now, there are those beings so damaged by the physical that they refuse to go. They stay on this side and some of them become hateful "Long term" ghosts. Or good ones - that just can't let go of this world.

They are being watched by guides and without their knowlegde are being taught about their issues but these souls take a long time before their hear or see the truth of life.

These are the souls that once "washed" are not allowed back to the Earth's physical...they are damamged...too sensitive for this school.

They can be sent to another school to learn but it will be in a softer physical...Earth is for crash courses...it takes strong souls. Sadly, some strong souls are broken here...but rest easy...they all get repaired in time and placed where needed.

now, if you're wondering about the ghosts that have been seen here for centuries...these ghost are only the "leftover" portion of a physical being's matter....like a thought form.
EX. Every night people can see a woman in a white gown pass a window in a haunted house...she does the same thing every night...she is a thought form left by a concerned human who passed, worked through the worry and left for home but the concern they had was so strong that "it" the thought made a semi-physical matter for itself and that is what we physical beings see replayed in the window.

It is very interesting how life and after life play out hand in hand.

You do know your grandad had a hand in your book going to print right? He wanted to see you do this. And from time to time he will cross back over to check on you...you know that right?

'Tis a world of wonder to behold.

Hugs
Hawk

Vicki said...

I loved this post when I first read it and still do. It's kinda funny or odd to some, but there are times when a bird will just catch my eye and I have to stop and say hello. Always it's a black bird. Not that other birds don't catch my eye, but I never feel the need to stop and chat for a moment with them.

Maryann Miller said...

Very nice story. I have had visits from beyond, too, and they have brought me great comfort.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Hawk, what a lovely story. I applaud your loving Celtic heart that wishes to bring comfort to those you care about.

I don't know. Me and animals of all sorts have always had aaffinity--I'm always stopping to talk to animals that aren't mine, or they always stop to pass the time with me.

Have a great week. :-)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Vicki,

Sorry to take so long in answering you...I've been off line working like a demon.

Black Birds! Awesome, Native American's say the Crow/Black bird is the messanger from God.

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Maryann,

I'm so sorry to take so long in getting back to you...I'm usually very good about replying, but I've been trying to get ready for the Nationals (to sell my novels)

I think most people do get visions, but some people don't feel comfortable believing in them so deny they had it. And that's a shame because the other side has so much to offer us here...as well as the inner comfort you speak about.

Thanks for dropping by and do come back...I'd love to hear about what you've seen from the other side.

Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Sia,

Hey Sweetie! OMG, I'm glad I'm not the only one who talks to the animals and plants...Ah, now I don't feel so odd. :-D

Once I admitted to a check out lady at the G-store that I talk to my plants and she gave me such a look...like I was a nut and then she said to me, "Oh, you're one of those people."
THOSE PEOPLE????? /:-0 Well, I guess I am and dang proud of it!
God gave us the world filled with plants and animals...nothing could be more sacred in my beliefs.

Cyber Hugs darlin'
Hawk