Friday, March 13, 2009

Who are you?

This week we’re going to play a game. Below, pick one picture in each category and let’s see what it tells us about you. BE GOOD – don’t read the explanations before you pick!

First Pictures: Seagull and Crow





Crow symbolizes knowledge and wisdom of the ancient. A person tied to customs and traditions.
Seagull stands for freedom of the spirit. A person who breaks the rules and flies her own path.

Second Pictures: Baby Bird and Owl





Baby bird is a gregarious person. She’s happy in her solitude but loves the company of others. She’s one who isn’t afraid to make waves when she feels it’s needed, but is just as happy to keep the peace. She loves going places and being on the go.
Owl is a loner. One who prefers to solitary flight and glides on the wings of time. The slow train is fast enough in her opinion. Life is for learning and she enjoys smelling the roses along the path of life.

Third Pictures: Coke bottle and Champagne





Coke shows you’re a woman who enjoys the simpler things in life. An easy going style of life. Picnic’s and country fairs.
Champagne – ah, you’re a girl who enjoys the finer things in life that likes cocktail parties and black tie affairs as your cup of tea.

Forth Pictures: Summer and Winter





Summer girls love play time, active lifestyles. They tend to be outdoor kind of girls who enjoy country western dancing and listen to rock and roll. They have the bit of the dare devil in their nature and don’t mind a scraped knee once in awhile. Fun is what they live for.
Winter girls are more the homebody, who enjoys cozy fires in the living room fireplace and romantic dinners. Their dare devils are the hero’s in romance books or the man in their arms, and classic (be it rock, jazz or Bach) music is what they enjoy. Love is their forte.

Fifth Pictures: Professional Man and Country Guy





If you picked the Professional man then you like the kind of man that keeps things organized and that includes you. You like a man who takes control in any given situation.
The Country guy attracts the kind of girl who likes to have some say in things. You like to be equal with your man in making all decisions.

Sixth Pictures: Sunrise and Sunset





The Sunrise shows you like to be the early bird; the first one there. You prefer to be at the front of the line. You want your donuts still warm. You want to be the first one to know what happened. And you love life, can’t wait for each day to get started.
Sunset lovers are late risers and if not, they’d love to be. Night time is when you come alive. You love the lights of the city and the thrill of the dark. Life to you is the excitement of the unknown; the unexpected. Mystery is your game…you’re a book that has to be read…you’re not a rag mag with everything about you out there in the headline news.

Seventh Pictures: Fairgrounds and Lake





Fairgrounds shows someone who enjoys a carefree life, maybe even a bit too laid back for most peoples taste. You won’t pass up a freebie. And you’re way of thinking is a bit out there.
The Lake shows someone who is more controlled in their thoughts, more restrictive in their philosophy. Maybe a bit too confined.

Eighth Pictures: Man on Rocks and Garden path





The man between the rocks show you’re a person who conforms to society but finds a way to express your individualism.
The garden path show someone who has broken away from conforming to any social pressure. A person who walks their won path and doesn’t care what others think.

Ninth Pictures: Eggs and Burger





If you picked the eggs than you’re a homebody. You love to cook and Sunday dinner with the family is your thing.
Burger pickers, you’re on the go…you don’t even have time to read this blog! ;-)

Tenth pictures: Moon and Mist





Moon, if you’ve picked the moon you’re a woman who knows her powers. A woman who knows her strength. A woman who knows the “secret”.
(If you have to ask what the secret is – then you’re still walking your path of self discovery – keep delving within and you will find the secret BUT take heart, you’re close because you picked the moon.)
Mist, if you’ve picked the mist you’re a woman of secrets, a woman who is hiding from herself and the world. A woman who needs to start her discovery…enjoy the journey of thyself and bloom! ;-) Blessed be.

So, there you have it…now tell me what you picked? Are you surprised at what you learned about yourself?

Hawk

20 comments:

~Sia McKye~ said...

You have some of the most interesting things here at times. :-)

Lets see, I chose: Seagull, Duck. Rainbows, and the country guy.

I'm drawn to both sunset and sunrise, but a little more to the sunrise.

Lake, garden path,eggs.

Again, I'm drawn to both. I love the moon, but this mist calls to me a bit more.

And the conclusion Dr? lolol!

LKap said...

Just by pictures alone I was moon and Mist - I like what I am ;-)
Nice post - that was fun

My Blog 2.0 said...

Hi Hawk! Love your blog!

I would be a seagull, baby bird, drink coke, country guy, pick summer, sunrise/sunset--both too beautiful for words, lake, but torn between the moon and mist, and garden path. Oh, and I'd want the burger.

My reasons for the choices:

Seagull-love to see the open sea

baby bird-new world for my eyes to see.

Have a coke-and a smile-fan of the silly seventies commercials-champaign-is for those special moments.

Country Guy-rural gal, like the slower pace of life.

Summer-Beach Boys

Sunrise/Sunset-have enjoyed both, but sunrise shows the new beginning, while sunset holds mysteries of what might be out there to discover.

Lake-like I said-slower pace

Moon/Mist-both hold mystery-Moon for the creatures of the night that abound. Mist-carries the secrets of the unseen.

Garden Path-go at my own pace

Burgers-Eggs just have never been my favorite. I guess I'm just too much of a carnivore.

(the picks I have chosen seem to relate back to the mysteries yet to be discovered-am I too naive?-never thought of it like that before)

Dottie :)

BTW, what would your choices be my friend????

Sorry, did it again! Long winded!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Sia,

LOL, well my dear, the conclusion is...you are a very sweet person who loves home and family as well as a good night out. You're the life of the party BUT you know when to hold back that wild free spirit of yours.

At times you even prefer your solitude. There you'll regroup that wonderful spirit of energy within the mist of your soul and reappear as beautiful as the summer days you love.

You're a free spirit who walks her own path in the early hours of the sunrise. Each day you are born anew.

And I'm so lucky to know you! :-)

Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Laurie!

I like who you are too. I think you're awesome.

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Dottie!

Naive - Never! You're real. You see the world for what it really is. To me, I say you're connected to the mother earth and I think that's wonderful!

I love the way you picked your pictures and then told me what you felt about your pick! AWESOME!!!

Oh, you would ask me wouldn't you! }:-/
I was hoping to slip by.

O.K., I picked Seagull, Owl, Champagne, winter, Professional man, sunsets, fairgrounds, path, eggs (I'm not much of a meat eater - used to be a Vegan) and I'm the MOON.

So...do you still love me? teeheheeheee

Hawk

My Blog 2.0 said...

Always, dear Hawk!

LOL LOL

Dottie

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Dottie,

You're such a sweetheart! I'm so glad you come to visit with me.

You always make my day a little brighter.

cyber hugs
Hawk

Liza said...

Hawk,

My answers were a bit all over the place. I picked seagull, owl, coke bottle, summer, professional man, sunrise, lake, garden path, burger and moon.

Not really sure what is says about me, but I love that your blog makes me think.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Liza,

You've picked some wonderful choices.
What it tells me is that you're a very down to earth kind of girl who knows herself well enough to enjoy the traditional rolls of a man and a woman, BUT you will step in and take control when needed. You love life and look forward to each day. There's a dare devil within who tends to keep you busy along your path in life.
In other words - you're a wonderful free spirit who I feel honored to know!

Hugs
Hawk

VampFanGirl said...

I chose The Lake. I was a bit surprised by the description but I suppose it does fit me in a way. "controlled in their thoughts" - yes, this is me. "restictive" - I'm not sure about this one but I can be judgemental (it's a flaw of mine that I'm working on), so maybe that's how I'm restrictive.

Interesting post. I enjoyed it. :)

~VFG

Houston A.W. Knight said...

VFG,

LOL...O.K., so you picked Lake..but that's not the whole you...you had to pick one of each set of photos to see your whole self...There's more to you than Lake.

First of all, I'd say you were a very open person with a good soul even if you tend to be...What did you say... "judgemental" the fact that you admitted to the flaw is a good beginning and means it won't take you long to overcome it. Right?

But...there's so much more to you VFH...there's a beautiful person there with a good heart.

Heck, we all have our flaws...we're humans...we have to have flaws, it's what makes us human, right? Once we work through one flaw, don't worry - we'll find another, and then another, right? LOL

Someone very wise said to me once.."Life is too short for judging anyone - just enjoy the difference in us all...it's what makes life interesting." when I thought about it I realized he was soooo very right!
So, hold your palm up and see Judgment in your hand...feel it and then tip your hand over and let it go (drop it) then get on with enjoying your life and all of our differences.

Hugs VFG
Hawk

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day Hawk and may the blessings of the blarney stone be with you. Take care the wee ones are about today.

Dottie :)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Ah Dottie!

I put out the milk and bread for the wee ones...they won't be bothering me on this fine Paddy's day! {;-)

Thank you for the kind wishes on me special day, and a Happy St. Patrick's day to you too lass!

Super Cyber Hugs
Hawk

Lea said...

Hawk:

What a fabulous post! And, YIKES!! I'm late again... How did that happen.

I'm going to come back and go through the whole quiz again. I did pick a crow, winter, country guy and sunset. So I know I'm going to learn something out of your neat quiz!

Thank you for all your kind comments about Tori Hawk! You warm my heart...

Major ((HUGS))
L

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Lea, sweetie, I didn't expect you to come for a visit...you've got your hands full with Tori. xoxo

Gosh, you're such a sweetheart, you are.

Well, so far you've told us from the few pictures you picked that you're a mysterious woman who loves being at home.

You have the knowledge of the Gods and the wisdom to use it, if you choose. You love traditions and the bond that goes with those special times.

The mystery in you is the fact that you can't be read like an open book...for those who love you - they had to work to discover the real you...the girl inside, which you guard very close.

You're a romantic, BUT you also like to be on equal ground in your relationships.

So, when do we get to discover the rest of you?

Major Comfort Hugs back, Hawk

Vicki said...

Love this post! Okay, here's my picks: Seagull (although I was really drawn to the crow as well), Baby Bird, Coke, Summer, Country Guy (although I like one who can be professional when the need is there), Sunsets, Lake (again a hard one to choose, because I really like them both, depends on my mood), Garden Path, eggs, and last but not least, the Moon (always the moon for me :)

Hawk, you have the coolest post. ;) Can't wait to see you girl!

Lea said...

Okay Hawk;

I'm back and here goes:

crow
coke
owl
country guy
sunset
lake
garden path
eggs (no way hamburger - yikes meat!!)
moon

So that’s it my philosopher friend.

lol

I'll drop you an e-mail tonight about Tori.

L

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Vicki!

I can't wait to see you either - you've been dearly missed! But I hope you're having a great time.

Thank you for the kind words about my blogs. xoxo You know me, always full of questions...so, I'm going to share that with you all...just so I don't go crazy. Least I know I won't be the only one on earth wondering about faeries! LOL

Awesome insite on you young lady...I don't think you need my interpretation...you've practiced enough with the cards to know how to do something as smiple as this, right?
And seeing that it's YOU - you know I'm going to ask you for your insight to the meaning first before I tell you the answers. :-)

I adore you - have a safe trip home!
Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Lea,

O.K., my sweet Lea...here's the rest of your reading.
We already know you share the knowledge of the wise ones and romance is your game, but based on the other picks...you love the solitude of your home life but come summer you will enjoy a romantic picnic or a small local fair.

You love tradition and family dinners...and it's no secret how much you love animals..."No Meat"
based on your picks and the wisdom that I see from the moon - you know yourself and who and what you are...you're a very intuitive soul and you protect it ...
Ah, the rest I'll e you.

Hugs and Kisses Dear One!

Hawk