Sunday, May 3, 2009

IS ADAM AND EVE A MYTH OR REALITY?

Last week we were discussing Sumerians. Who came to Earth as Exploiters and colonizers but ended up living their lives as Gods, because they had knowledge and powers we humans don’t understand….YET.
Like most Gods, Sumerians desired those of lesser knowledge to serve and worship them….Only problem was…there was no one on Earth to do that. So, as recorded in Sumerian history, THEY CREATED HUMANS with the sole purpose to serve and worship them.

Problem was…they gave humans independent thought.

Again, please remember, I’m only theorizing here for arguments sake (I have no intent to insult or offend anyone or their beliefs, nor do I seek to change anyone's beliefs. Nor am I saying this is my personal belief.) Or that this is the way it all began. But, I can’t negate the facts as recorded in our history…so I’m just saying, I’m putting all the fates out there and you decided.

So, with that said - let’s say these “Mortal” Gods, the Sumerians, started the human race by creating two humans they called Adam and Eve.

Let’s look at a bigger picture of Adam and Eve…assuming the story is real. They lived in the Garden anywhere from 300 to 1000 centuries before getting tossed out. They served the Gods all this time…what was their relationship with the Gods like? Is the story about the apple actual facts or a metaphor of what happened between humans and Gods? Well, let’s see.

As told by the Sumerians, they granted humans with the ability of independent thought, which seems to have gotten us and the Gods into trouble. Humans wanted more than to serve and worship…The Gods wanted things to stay the same. Conflict.

Seems to me, I remember something about it being said in Sumerian history that the humans (on their own) built a tower.
Could it have been the TOWER OF TONGUES (AKA The Tower of Jupiter Belus, or Temples of the Seven Lights of The Earth)?
Anyway, this single act by the humans caused great concern with the Sumerian Gods. It showed them the humans had too much independent thought and soon after, the humans began to go against the Gods wishes. The Gods began to fear their own creation – humans.

Disappointed, the Sumerians decided to try to delay the human advancement. They could slow the human’s down by making them speak different languages, hence making communications difficult and misunderstandings with each other easier. It appears they wanted us to fight each other. They decided to retard human growth by making humans different in looks, color, and beliefs. That way humans would become prejudice and war amongst themselves, and no longer with the Gods. It would appear the Gods hoped we’d kill each other off…after all, in the eyes of The Gods we were nothing more than barbarians.
But the human’s attacked and overtook the Sumerian’s, taking over their cities. What’s interesting is – unlike most conquerors that come in and change everything, the humans didn’t change any of the ways or customs of Sumerian life…it was the life of the Gods after all. So the human’s took on the Sumerian ways of life and the beliefs as their own. It was all they knew.

Though conquered, the Gods weren’t ready to flee. Instead, they plotted the demise of the humans and in great detail recorded the event they were about to create for mankind’s end. Records our own churches still keep secret from us….The truth about the Deluge.

The Great Flood was a fact of our history. It did happen. There’s much too much evidence to dispute its happening. So that can’t be denied. But why did it happen? And why only in that area…where the humans were? Evidence shows the Deluge was not global but on a very grand scale affecting that area. The Sphinx in Egypt shows proof of the Great Flood….But again, was the flood an attempt to destroy mankind by the Gods who’d created us? Was the Great Flood created to kill off the mistake (humans) of the Gods? And was it the betrayal of one God of the others that saved us?

It is said, God(s) created man in Gods likeness…a likeness that harbored deceit and betrayal. The Gods are fallible…they fought between themselves. And one God stood against the rest. This God loved the human creation, and when he heard about the plan of the Gods, he came to the humans and demanded of a man named Noah, to build an ARK, to save his family (humans) and all the animals of Earth? Proof of that ark has come into human hands. A part of the ARK was discovered in a snow covered mountain side.

This got me to wondering. I know, I do that a lot! Sorry, but I can’t help me self!

Bits of our own history still tell about magical, intelligent beings who appear and disappear suddenly from time to time…remember the more recent Druids and Milesians of Irish mythology…and so many more in our history?

Are the U.F.O’s we see today our old Gods returning to see how we turned out?
Some abductees claim the UFO people inseminate them and return within a few months to remove the babies from the humans…is it possible these horror stories are true?

It was once said the Mortal Gods would mate with human women. But, loving only beauty, when the humans grew too old and no longer held their looks the Gods would return these women to human life, but they would grant them with a special gift…the gift they called Faerie power. These returned women were called witches by other humans.

Funny, the word “witch” means…wise one of ancient knowledge…is that why the human church started the witch hunts? To get rid of all those women who were blessed by the Gods with extra powers over man. The witch hunts killed mostly women…the few men sacrificed were men who tried to protect the witches…. These men were expendable.

When I put all these facts together as I have, do you question our MYTHS? Do you ask yourself if the Myths were actual reality? Does the confusing puzzle of life seem clearer? Have you found answers to your questions? Why does The Church and Religious Leaders keep these important historical records a secret from us? What do they seek to keep hidden? And why? Do you wonder why we’ve been lied to by our own kind? Do you want to know the truth of our history?

Just wondering
Hawk

11 comments:

~Sia McKye~ said...

I've not been around much, but then I'm still recuperating from knee surgery.

Well Hawk, you do have a way of coming up with very interesting takes on things.

First, I do believe that most myths have some kernal of truth in them. Total truth? No. All myths have their 'take' on how humans arrived here and when you study those myths, there are some common threads that run through them all. Creation from the Sumerian standpoint is not that much different that some of the others floating out there.

Now, as fascinating as I find Myths, I do believe that there was an Adam and Eve. And I do believe in the existence of the "One God" as you call him. No, I don't believe he was flawed or imperfect, fickle and capricious. I do believe in the existence of superhuman beings that were and yes, set themselves up as gods and were capricious, fickle, cruel at times, and definitely flawed. Definitely out for themselves. Even the bible refers to these beings as the ones of fame and of long ago. I believe they are still in existence and still cause their share of problems for the human family. Maybe one of these days we'll sit down over some coffee and talk about it.

As for the flood, in particular the flood of Noah, there is preponderous of evidence on the earth today that shows that there was a world wide flood and one that necessitate the existence of an Ark--otherwise, why not just move them to another area?

Honestly, I don't believe that any real secrets are with held by religious leaders. Of course, I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories in general. But, that's me, :-)

Hope you have a great week, Hawk. If you get a chance stop by Monday and say hi to Sarah Wendell, of Smart Bitches.

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Hawk!

I wish I knew the answers to your questions. The Greeks and Romans of ancient mythology tells us their Gods would come from their mountain fortresses and take mortal women as lovers. Why? What would attract the mighty Gods to the frailty and the fragileness of human women. Someone that would eventually fade in beauty and leave with death never to return. Goddess were no different, taking the form of a love one to trick other Gods or Goddess, stealing into mortal beds to create a half-human child, and who were vengeful of the acts of others (as the Gods did too). Why? If they were Gods and Goddesses, and they could have anything they wanted whenever they wanted, why bother with the human animals cluttering up the Earth. And if these Gods (Sumerians) had created man, why give him/her independent thought. Why let him/her want to strive to reach the loftier goals so far only attained by the Gods.

I was taught that there was only one God, and I do not go back on this belief or want anyone else to change their mind. But I wonder where these Sumerians of ancient Egypt have gone. Did they climb back aboard their spaceships and leave Earth as a failed experiment, only to visit to see how things are going or to see if we're still a live? Or do they visit in time of great stress? Is man the product of an ancient race who left their own dying planet and to populate a new planet with new life forms that evolved over the millenniums.

It is true that women far out numbered men during the Salem witch hunts and trails. But women have always taken the brunt of human fallacy, have they not? Did the Gods of old return the mortal women to their Earthly plane with enhanced abilities? Fae and witches which the Gods had to know would never be tolerated by mortal man? Hmmmmm....One does begin to wonder.

Or is mythology just what it was perceived to be, convenient stories for mysteries unexplainable by early man. One may never know. But if there is only man in all this wide universe, what a terrible waste it would be. Knowledge is meant to be shared, man needs to be able to explore surroundings and new frontiers to avoid staleness and stagnation.

Mysteries still abound and are to be found in life everyday. Fae, witch, wizard, ghost, troll, giant, unicorn, goblin, elf....who is to say that these beings do or do not exist or have ever existed? How do they exist in our imaginations without provocation, without some form of existence somewhere? Maybe in a different time/place or plane of existence. I only hope that they to do, how much more interesting life would be with the knowledge of the wee creatures and beasties of old. There has to be some truth to the legends, doesn't there? It is the creative part of my being and mind that needs and wants these to remain in existence for others to believe in as well.

Sorry I took so long to come over to visit your post. I knew it would be interesting, but I didn't mean to be so wordy...as usual.

(((hugs)))

Dottie :)

Lea said...

Good Morning Hawk!

Facinating post as always. And, I'm going to have to ponder all your questions for a while, this is pretty heady stuff! lol

You rock girl. :)

I will be back.

Warm Regards
L

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Sia, hey sweetie!

I hope your knee is better - I'll send the thoughts!

LOL...interesting take? Honey, you're too kind...it was sweet of you to say that, but I know I'm a wee bit on the odd side of things. LOL...and it's o.k., I've accepted that about myself....I do think that's what makes me come up with "different" plots for my books...

Now if I could only find an agent who wasn't afraid to try something different than the same old same old.
I need a BOLD AGENT and one that wants to take a leap of faith and make money...lots of it! :-D I need a Parker to my Elvis persona! LOL

The superhumans idea of yours is a good one. I can see were flawed beings of some kind came to Earth with a KNOWLEDGE greater than ours and THEY called THEMSELVES gods. Because they had a power/knowledge we human's didn't understand ...we agreed to call them Gods...we also must have seen their flaws and that's why we over through them.

I'D LOVE TO SIT WITH YOU AND CHAT OVER COFFEE! It could go into lunch you know...
I'll put the pot on...so get your buns down here!
;-)

Interesting...I always thought of THE FLOOD being world wide too, but I read a new report about a week or so ago that said the flood WAS NOT world wide. New evidence shows it was on a grand scale but only in that large area of the world.

"why not just move them to another area?"

Based on what this article said about the partial flooding was that it was on a grand enough scale that you'd still need an ARK. It could have been only 2/3 of the world, but that's still major huge.

I guess back then there was no way for the humans to travel far enough or fast enough to reach safety...so the ARK had to save them.

Hummmm, I wonder now.

Ah, me Saint's a dancin', Sia...I'm an Irish girl - I have ta' believe in a conspiracy of some kind...else ya' be takin' all the fun out of life, don't ya' know?

{;-) Hugs
darlin'

Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hi (((Dottie))))

"The Greeks and Romans mythology tells us their Gods would take mortal women as lovers. Why?"

The way I understood the Sumerians reasons were for the same reasons the faeries did it...BEAUTY. Humans are beautiful in their youth. The Sumerians loved beauty, as did the fays.

"What would attract the mighty Gods to the frailty and the fragileness of human women?"

Perhaps it was just that...our frailness, our lack of POWER. Female "Gods" were women of power...perhaps the male "Gods" liked the idea of women who couldn't out master them.

I always believed that's why older human men picked young girls instead of women their own age to date...with young girls older men can get by with things that a woman his age won't let him do.

"Someone that would eventually fade in beauty and leave with death never to return."

I see it like our buying a Pet cat or dog. We know we'll out live them. We know they'll grow old long before we do, but we still want them and love them.

"Goddess were no different, stealing into mortal beds to create a half-human child, and who were vengeful of the acts of others (as the Gods did too). Why?"

I'm only guessing here, but I'd say these Mortal Gods knew they needed us to keep their life line going. To mix the bloods created a stronger line of BEINGS.

"If they were Gods and they could have anything they wanted, why bother with the human animals cluttering up the Earth."

Because it was there. They could. And why not? It was a challenge to great minds. And great minds need a challenge.

"And if these Gods (Sumerians) had created man, why give him/her independent thought."

Without independent thought, Humans couldn't worship them and they NEEDED, they DESIRED to be worshiped like GODS.

"Why let him/her want to strive to reach the loftier goals so far only attained by the Gods."

LOL, well, based on what I read...they didn't think humans would ever strive beyond what they had created them for; Worship and servitude. When humans did, that's when the GODS sot to destroy them by changing their skin colors, language, and beliefs. When that didn't work, the Gods created the flood.

"...I wonder where these Sumerians of ancient Egypt have gone. Did they climb back aboard their spaceships and leave Earth as a failed experiment,"

I wish I could tell you. I'd love to know this answer. It is written they all left suddenly and without witness...in the middle of the night kind of thing.

"only to visit to see how things are going or to see if we're still a live?"

This is very possible.

"Or do they visit in time of great stress?"

Well, it's a fact that UFO activity goes up when the world is in trouble with world wars and such.

"Is man the product of an ancient race who left their own dying planet and to populate a new planet with new life forms that evolved over the millenniums."

AH! Now that's another blog dear heart...Let's talk about MARS!!!! SOON.

"It is true that women far out numbered men during the Salem witch hunts and trails."

Hum, now this I don't know as a fact. I'll have to research this for you and get back to you on this.

"But women have always taken the brunt of human fallacy, have they not?"

Yes, I believe they have. It's because man knows what women have forgotten...OUR POWERS!

"Did the Gods of old return the mortal women to their Earthly plane with enhanced abilities?"

It is said they did. Perhaps that is what human males fear...even today...that one day all women will suddenly remember their given gift from the gods.

"Fae and witches which the Gods had to know would never be tolerated by mortal man? Hmmmmm....One does begin to wonder."

LOL - yes...YES!

"Or is mythology just what it was perceived to be, convenient stories for mysteries unexplainable by early man."

I don't think man (back then) could be that creative....I know they aren't today...so how could they be more so then?

"One may never know. But if there is only man in all this wide universe, what a terrible waste it would be. Knowledge is meant to be shared, man needs to be able to explore surroundings and new frontiers to avoid staleness and stagnation."

I so agree with you! xoxo

"Mysteries still abound and are to be found in life everyday. Fae, witch, wizard, ghost, troll, giant, unicorn, goblin, elf....who is to say that these beings do or do not exist or have ever existed? How do they exist in our imaginations without provocation, without some form of existence somewhere? Maybe in a different time/place or plane of existence. I only hope that they to do, how much more interesting life would be with the knowledge of the wee creatures and beasties of old. There has to be some truth to the legends, doesn't there?"

I believe there is.

"It is the creative part of my being and mind that needs and wants these to remain in existence for others to believe in as well."

It is our beliefs that make it so....in any reality of our lives.

"Sorry I took so long to come over to visit your post. I knew it would be interesting, but I didn't mean to be so wordy...as usual."

Are you kidding...I love talking about all this with you! I love your thoughs...don't ever stop with the wordiness...I love it! You and Sia have made my day! I've enjoyed the chats...and I'm glad you did too!

Many hugs darlin'
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

O.K., Lea!

Enough pondering...we all want to know the truth of our history...what is it?

If I don't know and Sia doesn't know, nor Dottie then you've got to know...somebody's got to know the answers here! So, I pick you! :-)

We're all ears...speak up dear! :-D

Nothing like putting you o the spot, huh?

Hugs sweetie!
Hawk

Vicki said...

Well, you know my thoughts on Adam and Eve so enough said about that. :)

Your post are amazing and always so thought provoking. I love 'em.

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hey Hawk!!

Congrats on winning a book over at Lea's! WooHoo!!

Dottie :)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Ah, Thank you Vicki!

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

OMG Dottie I didn't know! This is awesome I'll go over right away!

Thank you for telling me, sweetie!

Hugs
Hawk, who's had her head stuck in a computer researching editors!

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Your Welcome Hawk!

Happy Reading and Congrats Again!

Woot!

Good luck with the editors! (If I can read anything for you, let me know **wink wink** I love paranormal!

Dottie :)