Sunday, June 7, 2009

Contest for Carol Henry’s Amazon Connection

The Amazon Connection




To win a free copy of AMAZON CONNECTION you have to become a heroine or hero. Here’s a link to become a super heroine or hero. Do this by clicking here
hero
or type in http://www.cpbintegrated.com/theherofactory/
Go to this site and build your hero/heroine then download it to your blog – leave a comment on my blog telling Carol and me why you’d make the best Super super-heroine/hero and let us know about your hero/heroine’s posting on your blog.

Carol and I will come visit your blog to see your heroine/hero for judging.

If you don’t have a blog, download your hero/heroine into your “My Pictures” and then send it to me in an e at Houstonawknight@tampabay.rr.com (no attachments)
Hawk
and I will forward it to Carol. Please put in subject line hero/heroine.

Remember, this weeks contest has three winners. The winner gets a free and signed copy of Amazon Connection. The first and second place runner ups will get a copy of her cookbook; mind you, she’s traveled the world so there should be a lot of really good recipes in it. Carol is our judge and she will pick the winners which will be announced next Sunday!

WARNING!!! There is an image Carol’s looking for in the heroine/hero…if you find it you will be the winner of Amazon Connection! HUM, now I wonder what she’s looking for? Can’t google that now can you? And NO don’t send her a private e and ask, because I’ve already warned her how sneaky you girls (Blodeuedd!) can be when it comes to contest! Tee Hee Hee…want a hint? Think about the book you’re trying to win. And that’s all I’m telling you! {;-Q this is me with my tongue out…just incase you were wondering. *G*

Hugs and good luck! Have fun!
Hawk

Special thanks to Vicki Lane for turning me on to this site, even if she DIDN’T KNOW she did. So, if you don’t like this contest blame her! And if you do…you can still blame her…poor thing, she didn’t even know what she’d done! *G*




HERE’S A WEE BIT FROM THE BOOK:

Shrouded in mist, the rain continued to sluice over their bodies, while water continued to rise. And all she could think about was what it would be like to be kissed by Jake Daniels—a real bone-shattering kiss.
She couldn’t breathe.
Holly’s heartbeat thundered wildly. She’d said she was going to follow him into the jungle come rain or come shine, but she hadn’t meant it quite so literally. Her smile broadened automatically. They were in this adventure together. And what an adventure it was turning out to be.
His grin widened. His eyes sparkled with speculation. Had he read her mind?
The boat lurched sideways. Jake grabbed her arm to keep her from falling overboard.
“We aren’t far from shore,” he shouted over the pelting rain. “Ivan says it’s not that deep here. We can get out and wade in. We’re up to our knees and soaked already anyway.”
“What? You want me to get in that river? Are you mad?” Holly shouted back.
“I’m sorry.” Jake cupped his ear. “I can’t hear you,” he mouthed. “Let me help you over.”
“There better not be any alligators lurking close by, Daniels.”
He jumped over the side of the sinking boat before she could stop him. The boat tipped. Holly couldn’t tell if the water was flowing out of the boat or back in.
Jake held his hands out to her. She could only stare at him, and at the other guides who were now parading through the muddy river on their way to shore. Unless she planned to stay in the middle of the sandbar all by herself, she knew she had to take her chances and trudged through the mud with the rest of them.
She leaned over and placed her hands on Jake’s shoulders only to have him grab her and swing her over his shoulder.
“Put me down,” Holly sputtered. “I can walk on my own.” Being thrown over his shoulder like a sack of feed was anything but romantic. She pounded her fists on his back.
He ignored her.
“If you don’t put me down right this second, Jake Daniels, I’m going to scream my fool head off.”
“It won’t do you any good,” he yelled over his shoulder. “In case you haven’t noticed, it’s raining too hard for anyone to hear. They know I have you so I doubt they’ll think you’re in trouble. Besides, everyone’s gone on ahead.”
“How can I notice? All I can see is your backside.”
Which brought her up short. It was a nice firm, rain-slicked back side.
She didn’t like the sound of his chuckle as he proceeded to carry her the short distance across the riverbed and up the slippery, muddy embankment to the shelter of the rainforest’s dense canopy. Under the protection of the trees the rain was a heavy drizzle compared to the torrential downpour out in the open. Regardless, the heat from Jake’s body penetrated her wet clothes. The friction of their bodies rubbing against each other sparked something inside her that was hard to deny. Her attraction to Jake Daniels was getting harder to ignore.
Think...? Who the hell am I suppose to think about?
Who cares?
Holly welcomed Jake’s body heat, a sweet torture as he slid her slowly and snugly down his firm, sexy body, letting her know in no uncertain terms what her closeness was doing to him, too. The friction seeped through every scrap of clothing she wore. It penetrated deep into each and every excited pore and coursed through every single vein like molten volcanic flow. Her body sizzled with it. Her feet touched the damp, soggy earth, grounding the electrical current flowing between them.
Her legs buckled.
Jake caught her and pulled her to him before she crumbled to a heap at his feet. She saw the hunger in his eyes and couldn’t move even if they had been standing in sub-zero temperatures. He lowered his head, his eyes never leaving hers. He drew her up off the rainforest floor and closed his eyes as their lips touched.
Ivan shouted to them to catch up. The spell was broken.
Jake released her.
Confused, Holly blurted out the first thing she could think of.
“How much farther is the village?”
He smiled, knowingly. She felt heat rise up her neck and prick her cheeks.
“Not far, I hope,” his voice unsteady. “Do your feet hurt? Can you walk?”
Other than burning from his closeness, she didn’t feel a thing.
“I can walk.”
“That’s my girl. We need to catch up with the others before they get out of sight. I’ll put more salve on your feet when we get there.”
Thinking about Jake smoothing salve on her feet was too erotic to contemplate. Her insides tingled at the thought. She trembled and closed her eyes as if that would make the feelings disappear. It didn’t. Instead, they intensified.
Jake took her hand. “Let’s get a move on. We don’t want to be stranded again.” He dragged her deeper into the rainforest.

(Sorry Carol, I couldn’t pick which part I liked best, so I put the whole page up! I hope you don’t mind. {:-D I know the readers won’t! They like to read and will do just about anything to get a book…isn’t that right Blodeuedd?) Teeheehee, you know I adore you Blod, right? That’s why I tease you so.

Hugs and Love to all!
Hawk

37 comments:

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Hawk!

Love the primitive pirate...I can have a side order to go please.

Dottie :)

Vicki said...

I love this contest and you're right can't google this one. Heehee

I did the pic on my blog last week, so I guess I can't enter unless you want to count that one. (It is how you found out about this.) :D~

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Dottie!

Thank you...I made the primitive pirate for my sis...but her hero is the guy in all black with a bare chest...he's simple but dangerous....

LOL...forget the side order, he's available!

BUT for the contest you've got to go make a hero or heroine...it's so much fun and very easy. OMG, if I can do this anyone can! Just click the link in the article and you'll go right to it.

hugs sweetie!
Hawk

Lea said...

Good Morning Hawk:

Great Contest! I made My Hero. she is an angel with superpowers - because, well angels are naturally gifted right???

The site wouldn't work to let me design her face unfortunately, however I did my best. lol

I'll post her shortly and pimp your contest.

"Amazon Connection", sounds like an awesome book...

Regards
L

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Vicki!

Everyone - this is the girl who gave me this idea...so blame her that you can't google this contest!!! I will stick up for her through...she didn't know I was going to do this.

VICKI! Why can't you enter? Of course you can!

Just go make a hero and post him to your blog.

I expect you to enter the contest! Remember the hints I've posted this week and you'll have a chance at winning Amazon Connection just like everyone else.

Now go! Get over there and make a hero!

Hugs
Hawk

Lea said...

By the way.. She is called "The Glorious Watered Down Condor"???

lol - Go Figure?

Have a great day...

L

Carol Henry said...

Okay, everyone, I'm here and I'm looking forward to what you come up with for a hero or heroine.

Vicki, it's a whole new contest so of course you can enter too.

Lea, all angels are gifted! You are so right. Can't wait to see her.

I do have to share a bit about the impact that Amazon Connection has had locally. My niece (in-law) who isn't a reader bought the book and couldn't wait to tell me that she read it from cover to cover all in one sitting -- she couldn't put it down. I've made a reader out of her, she says, and she can't wait for my next book. How cool is that?

Now, I know you think I'm partial to my own book, but I'd really love to hear what all of you have to say. So get your entries in so maybe you'll be the winner.

And Lea, thanks for pimping!

I'll be checking in later. Enjoy your day.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Lea!

Awesome I'll be right over! You coming Carol?

By the way.. She is called "The Glorious Watered Down Condor"???

ROTFLOL!!!! This is why I adore you! You always find a way to make me laugh! "Watered down"
???!!! LOL - ROTFLOL

lol - Go Figure? Tee hee hee.

Great Contest! Thank you, Hon! I ws hoping you girls would like this.
VL is to blame...I said it last week and I'm still saying it.

I made My Hero. she is an angel with superpowers - because, well angels are naturally gifted right???

You're absolutly right! I can't wait to see her!

The site wouldn't work to let me design her face unfortunately, however I did my best. lol

Ah, well we'll keep that in mind! xoxoxo

I'll post her shortly and pimp your contest.
THANK YOU!!!! xoxoxo

"Amazon Connection", sounds like an awesome book...

The out take was great, wasn't it!

I knew you'd enjoy that.

I'm hoping on over now!
hugs
hawk

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, so before I went out to a walk I made 2 superheroes, then I came back from my walk and now after dinner I made another one.

Yup so much easier when i could google stuff ;)
You know i love that.

But at last I made a heroine who can kick some ass while looking really delicate. A fairy super heroine with a laser whip. Those bad guys better look out cos here I am coming. I am sweet, and nice and lethal.

I am the fancy Lasered Whip Lash,
and the pic is up on my page.

Erotic Horizon said...

Lovely idea...

I am having fun looking at all the kick ass super heroes..

Wishing everyone good luck and thanks for the chuckles in advance..

E.H>

Houston A.W. Knight said...

E.H.

Hey, long time no hear!

Come on, E.H., make a heroine! Join the fun...just click the link it takes you right to the site... build it, then download and save...it'll go right to you picture file and you can download it to your blog or e me with it.

no contest can be easier or more fun than this one! Try it.

Hawk

Blodeuedd said...

2 more are now up on my sidebar for you to see since you asked ;)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Sweetie...

Man Blodeuedd, you are very creative...I love them all!

Cool...

Can you send me an e with them...I've been trying to copy them but can't. Way too cool!

It's fun isn't it? Now go talk Dottie into making hers for me!

Blodeuedd...you're definitely a kick ass heroine with all the style and class of a lady! ;-)

Hugs hon!
Hawk

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, ok I gonna go and email those to you after I have had a evening snack :)

I did enjoy making my heroine who fights with a stick

I Heart Book Gossip said...

This contest is really fun.I made my super heroine. Come check it out.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

IHBG - Super great heroine!

I've got you in the hat for the contest now!

Glad you dropped in for the fun!

Hawk

~Sia McKye~ said...

Bright anc colorful. Nothing like a bit of redecorating and how cool there was a place to get all thes nifty pics!

With Dan injured on the job last Wednesday, I've been about run off my feet. He's better but still needs to be checked out by the doctor on Monday just to rule out any blood build up in the brain--from little veins nothing like a big vessel but for the next two weeks we have to watch him.

I don't think I have any extra creative sparks to do Carol's contest--which I like, it's a different kind of contest rather than a same oh same oh.

You have a great week, Hawk.

Carol Henry said...

I know Hawk is collecting all these great hero and heroines, but I'm anxious to see them, too. Glad everyone is having fun with this contest.

Sia, I hope Dan is doing okay, you take care of him, as I'm sure you're doing. All the best.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

OMG Sia!

I'm so sorry to hear about
Dan!

>> He's better but still needs to be checked out by the doctor on Monday just to rule out any blood build up in the brain--<<

OMG...is he going to be alright? What happened?

>>>from little veins nothing like a big vessel but for the next two weeks we have to watch him.<<<

OMG...I'll put him in my thoughts and prayers.

>>>Bright anc colorful. Nothing like a bit of redecorating and how cool there was a place to get all thes nifty pics!<<

Thank you, hon.

>>>I don't think I have any extra creative sparks to do Carol's contest--which I like, it's a different kind of contest rather than a same oh same oh.<<<

Because I'm running the contest...I can't offer to do it for you BUT I'm sure someone out there would so you still get a chance at winning the book....

HEY, ANYONE UP TO HELPING SIA OUT...WILL YOU MAKE HER A HEROINE...she sure has been one this past week with her wounded hero!

You and your hero will be in my thoughts, Sweetie.

Big cyber hugs
Hawk

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Hawk!

Sorry, spent the whole day at HOBY with my daughter and her friend... long day is all I can say.... exhaustion is setting in.... but I did make my hero, actually I made a set of... a making pair... I like Angels too, Lea, I guess I should check your site first....lol.. great minds...

Sorry I took so long, after we got home at 5:30 pm, had to go grocery shopping, seems my hubs thought he was starvin'.

I put my heroes in my sidebar with your contest info.

Thanks Hawk and Carol for a great giveaway!!

Sleepy in Illinois

Dottie :)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Dottie!

Did you see Sia's news?

If you or Lea want to make a hero for her so she can enter the contest, Carol and I will allow that.
I'd do it but I can't because I'm running the contest and if she won then other's might object. I know what we're looking for in heroines/heros, so if you want to make one for her I'd be grateful. xoxox


Sorry, spent the whole day at HOBY with my daughter and her friend

OMG, I saw the U-tube HOBY thing, looks like it's a positive thought kind of thing. That's good, but OMG do you stand there all day chanting? NO wonder you're tired, that would wear me out.

I can imagine your tired! I'm not sure how you did that all day.

I did make my hero, I made a set of a making pair

I've got 'em! Thank you hon!

I like Angels too, Lea, I guess I should check your site first, lol, great minds.

Ah }:-/ are you girl cheating again? YOU CAN'T CHEAT IN THIS CONTEST!!!!

Sorry I took so long, after we got home at 5:30 pm, had to go grocery shopping, seems my hubs thought he was starvin'.

Tee hee hee, Mine always says that too! What's with men thinking they have to eat all the time. Personally I could live without eating, it takes up too much time. I could be doing a million other things with my limited time. LOL

I put my heroes in my sidebar with your contest info.

I saw that sweetie! THANK YOU!!!!
xoxox you're such a sweetheart!

Thanks Hawk and Carol for a great giveaway!!

Oh gosh, we're having fun with you girls and your creativity!

Hugs
Hawk

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Hawk!

Sent an email in regards to some angels for Sia.

I guess she needs a few right now.

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Dottie,

You're an absolute doll! THANK YOU!

A Thousand thank yous!
xoxox
Hawk

Cecile said...

Okay.. I have finaly and I say finally made mine. I have been trying to come up with something that matched the Amazon... now mind you, I am not a faery, or drop dead gorgerous or have cool toys or a cape... but you have to check mine out!!! I think I am a kick ass chick!! I even came up with a little story about her!!! LOL!! I had a blast with this one!! Thanks for the contest...

Now, I do not know Sia... but my heart goes out to her, along with my prayers... so if she needs some help... I don't mind pinchin in a hand either!

Now, that I have created my herione for the story... you will probably see a few more up at my place after tomorrow... I even had hubby try to help me make one... We were laughing at some of the things it comes up with!!!! To funny!
Vicki... this was fun! Thanks for giving the idea up!!! And you right... can't google the damn thing either!
Hope everyone has a great tomorrow!

http://alliwantandmore.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-super-hero.html

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Cecile,

LOL you are funny! What a way to start the day!

Now, I do not know Sia... but my heart goes out to her, along with my prayers... so if she needs some help... I don't mind pinchin in a hand either!

Now that's is really sweet - that's a true friend Cecile...and I know Sai would appreciate and be touched by this offer...it's kind of you to say this and mean it. xoxo
But Dottie already stepped in and made a heroine and hero for Sia - so she could still be in the drawing for the free book! But your offer is awesome!
Thank you - from my heart!

Now, that I have created my herione for the story... you will probably see a few more up at my place after tomorrow...

Oh! Fantastic - I'll pop on over there tomorrow to see what you've done! it si fun isn't it?

I even had hubby try to help me make one...
OH I would have loed to have seen that!

We were laughing at some of the things it comes up with!!!! To funny!
I thought you girls would like this for a contest...I'm so glad to hear you girls have had fun with it! That was my goal...since SOME PEOPLE think my last contest was hard!

Vicki... this was fun!
Thanks for giving the idea up!!!
I warned you weeks ago - this is the girl the blame! I saw it on her site and that was that!

And you right... can't google the damn thing either!
Tee hee hee - I told you!!!
{:-D

Hope everyone has a great tomorrow!
We will...we'll be over at your site! We've got to see the rest of the clan!

hugs
Hawk

~Sia McKye~ said...

Awwww, Hawk, you made me cry--in a good way. Thank you Dottie and Cecile, you are true sweethearts! I did not expect this at all and was shocked when Hawk told me. Thank you. :-)

As for what happened Hawk, Dan took some of his volunteers to load up on copier paper from the warehouse for a special Army function. He was carrying two cases of copier paper (50lbs each) slipped on the ramp--which didn't have any safety anti skids. It had been raining all morning. His feet slipped and down he went, both boxes hit his chest, knocked the wind out of him, and slammed his head on the ramp. He was semi conscious and they called the Army medics and was in the hospital for observation for 6 or 7 hours. They did cat scans, MRI, and Xrays. Nothing broken, his chest is okay--pretty badly bruised, had a concussion, soft tissue trauma in the neck and leg area. He still has moments of double vision, and no periphial vision right now.

When you hit your head as hard as he did, they check for arterial bleeding--none--but because of the trauma to the head and jarring the brain, the smaller blood vessels can tear and bleed for up to two weeks after the fact. so they have to keep watch on that. He's seeing our family doctor on friday. Right now we're just monitoring. He's in good spirits, just tires easily, and is his usual spitzy Italian self. :-)

It was scary, to say the least.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts sent our way!

Mary Ellen Carmody said...

Hi - check out my heroine on my blog.

Mary Ellen

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Mary,

I'm coming over right now!

;-) Thank for playing with us!

Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Awwww, Hawk, you made me cry--
OH NO! I DIDN'T MEAN TOO.

in a good way.
OH, WELL THAT'S ALRIGHT THEN. =-)LOL

Thank you Dottie and Cecile, you are true sweethearts! I did not expect this at all and was shocked when Hawk told me. Thank you. :-)

SIA, WE ALL LIVE MILES APART BUT WE'RE FRIENDS AND WE CARE...XOXOXO

As for what happened Hawk, Dan slipped and both boxes hit his chest, knocked the wind out of him, and slammed his head on the ramp.
Nothing broken, his chest is okay--pretty badly bruised, had a concussion, soft tissue trauma in the neck and leg area. He still has moments of double vision, and no periphial vision right now.

OH MY GOD! THIS SOUNDS VERY BAD BUT I'M GLAD TO HEAR HE'S DOING ALRIGHT. KEEP WATCHING HIM UNTIL ALL IS WELL FOR SURE. HE'S AN ITALIAN SO HE'S A TOUGH GUY...HE'LL RECOVER SOON AS IF IT NEVER HAPPENED I'M SURE. BUT UNTIL THEN US GIRLS WILL WORRY.

When you hit your head as hard as he did, they check for arterial bleeding--none--but because of the trauma to the head and jarring the brain, the smaller blood vessels can tear and bleed for up to two weeks after the fact.

OMG - I DIDN'T KNOW THIS. I'LL KEEP THE PRAYERS GOING.

It was scary, to say the least.
YES, I'M SURE - I'D BE BESIDE MYSELF IF THAT EVER HAPPENED TO MY HUBBY. HERO'S ARE HARD TO FIND IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts sent our way!

AH HON, DON'T THANK ME FOR THAT. XOXOX IT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU CARE ABOUT SOMEONE.

HANG IN THERE - WE'LL ALL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS TOGETHER.
SO NO MORE CRYING - GOOD OR BAD TEARS! NO CRYING.

{:-D XOXOX
HAWK

~Sia McKye~ said...

Does laughing through your tears count?

Lots of hugs right back attcha!

I need to go see these superheroes. What a fun contest you two thought up!

~Sia~

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Sia,

As long as I can cry & laugh with you, it is. LOL

Hugs and Love
Hawk

Carol Henry said...

Sia, OMG, I can't believe what a horrible mishap Dan went through. I certainly am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. You must keep me informed, even after the contest and my blogging time with Hawk is over. I hope you are both able to get some sleep, take some deep breaths and do what has to be done to see this through. All the best, Carol

Houston A.W. Knight said...

CAROL!??

What do you mean when you're blogging time is over? Oh no, you forgot to read the contract...once you sign on to be interviewed on my blog your here forever! Sorry, you're just stuck visiting with this clan from here on out!

We expect to see you each week right here with the rest of us! You're part of the clan girl!

Hugs
Hawk

Carol henry said...

Hawk, This is a great site and I'm honored that you now think of me as one of the group. Wow! I've never been a groupie before. So, okay, you might have to nudge me on occasion, but I promise to try to keep up with you ladie, and add my two-cents worth when called for. You are such a dear, Hawk.

Barbara said...

Hey, Hawk!! I tried again and I'm still having trouble with the hero widget. I just wanted to wish everyone else good luck!!!

Liza said...

Hawk,

I'm going to try to get my hero made before the end of the contest, but work has been insane this week and I haven't even turned the computer on at night. See what I can do tonight. Great contest.

Vicki said...

I emailed mine to you since I did it on my blog last week. :)