Sunday, April 11, 2010

AWARD and SPECIAL FEATURE CONTEST!

GIRLS HAVE I GOT AN AWESOME CONTEST FOR YOU!

You're always saying how hard my contest are...well this one is EASY and an AWESOME GIFT comes with the win!!!

Now let me tell you about it...This special contest is being given by
JES at Jes' Mystical Treasures Blog. Use this link to go to her blog site and see the leather cover she has featured on her blog.

The contest is to guess who's on the cover! I swear to you - it's someone we all know...very well!

All correct guesses will put your name in the hat for a chance to win a FREE leather book cover of your own! AND GET THIS! That cover will be personally etched for you with any picture YOU attach to the e you send Jes'. It can be a photo of you, your child, your mom, hubby, a family member or pet...whatever you want (just besure it's a nice size photograpgh - small pictures don't transpose well) and she will work her magic to recreate your photo onto a real leather book cover like she did with my art work below.


my original sketch etched onto a leather book cover...Can you believe this!? I was floored by this very unique ability she has to do this...


As you can see this is no
scrawny cover...this one can hold the size of any 8x10 piece of paper.



Imagine the face of someone you hold dear when you offer them this cover as a gift. It's truly a wonderful giveaway for someone you care about.
That's why Jes has done this contest...it's her way of saying Thank You for showing your support for her at her blog's grand opening and for welcoming her to the world of blogging...and it's a special way she wanted to say thank you to someone special in her heart.

look at the details ...

Now just imagine what she can custom make for you!



And I'll be sending the second place winner a Harlequin Super Romance called - To Protect The Child by Anna De Stefano!

Now for the AWARD! Look at this great award Jes' gave me! I'm proud to post this one because it shows how much my blogger sisters and I appreciate what Cecile and JennJ did for me this past Christmas. Thank you both...Cecile for the wonder make-over gift of my blog and Jenn for doing the work! And thank you Jes for appreciating the work that made this blog so beautiful! xoxoxo

I will this award on to Dottie!


HUGS

18 comments:

pattepoilue said...

ohhh pretty!!!

It made me think of Arthur and Guenievre. (It looks like the UK cover of Katherine by Anya Seton)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Pattepoilue,

I do believe that was the original art work from what I worked with to sketch this picture...I had a girl friend who loved that Art by Anya....she'd said she loved the picture and one day she'd hope to be able to have enough money to buy it....so as a gift I drew her this picture (similar to Anya's) and told her until the day came where she could buy the real one...she had this one to look at.

Hense the history of this sketch...LOL

Glad you like it.

HUgs
Hawk

pattepoilue said...

Awwwww that's so nice! She must have been thrilled! It's a beautiful drawing!
I love the original artwork,(and I love the book by Anya Seton too! lol) I know it doesn't match the story but I still love the cover. So beautiful.

Thanks for the link I'll take a look at Jes's blog =)
Have a great Sunday!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Patte,

Yes, my friend was happy with the gift from the heart. We do that a lot for each other. But don't all true friends do that.

OH, you'll love Jes' site! I hope you do go visit...

You have a great weekend as well Sweetie! And I hope to see you next week!

Hugs
Hawk

Lea said...

Hey Hawk:

That is a beautiful cover, truly a keepsake and unique. *g*

And, I agree with Patte, certainly Arthurian in origin.

Thanks for the heads-up about a cool giveaway Hawk!

I hope all is well with you.

Blodeuedd said...

..is it Cecile?

Wow what a pretty thing to get, I love your drawing and to see it on leather, sooo cool :D

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Sweet Lea!

OMG...you should feel the leather in your hand! I took my cover to the Chapter meeting and there wasn't one person who saw it that could help but run there hand over the cover!

OH HON....If you want to enter the contest you have to go over to Jes' site and leave a comment! Believe me, it's worth it! She can do a photo of a pet, your child, hubby or favorite tattoo...anything you've got a picture of! It's awesome...and if you don't want it dyed...just tell her. Or if you want it dyed tell her....she wants to please!

And I've got a book for the second place winner!

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Blodeuedd -

Babe, to get in the drawing you have to leave the comment on Jes' blog!

xoxoxo
HUgs
Hawk

Cecile said...

What beautiful work Jes does... That woman is fantastic!!!

I hope you had a great weekend honey! As you can tell by the time stamp... I am up late.. so I will be back later! I just wanted to drop in and see what was going on!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Cecile!

I agree Jes' does great work!

Did you leave your guess over at jes' on who you think the woman is? it's someone we all know!

Big hugs
Hawk

M.V.Freeman said...

Lovely!

What an awesome gift to be able to etch that into leather!

I am not going to enter the contest, because I honestly have no idea who that picture is of....:-)

Have a lovely day!

M.V.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

M.V.,

Hey honey...I hope you have an awesome weeks and a hint...you saw her face on my blog in the past few weeks...

Hugs
Hawk

Hilda said...

So beautiful Hawk!
And what a great contest, too! :)

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Hawk!

The leather cover is beautiful, Jes does lovely work.

And thanks for the Beautiful Blog award! Lea did a fantastic job revamping my blog, it is beautiful now.

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Jes' Mysictal Treasures said...

Hi,
just had to pop in and see what you all were talking about...thank you all for the kind words, and it warms my heart that you all like it. Guess the long hours paid off...Thank you all again
Bless you all, and I hope one day that I can do enought contest that each and everyone of you will win and get to enjoy a little something from me.
Sincerely
Jes

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Jes!

Well, we are all talking about your beautiful leather book covers! Your work is awesome!

And I was saying what an awesome lady you are to give away such a wonderful gift to the winner of your contest!

Hugs babe!
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Dottie!

OMG...you should see it in real life...the leather is thick and smells awesome.

There's nothing like leather! Jes' art work is fabulous...I don't know how she does it, really...I'm just awed by it.

Lea is a wonderful person...I adore her! And a talent as well! She did a great job on your site!
I love the new look!

Everyone should go look!

OH, Dottie, Jes will be having a blog come out that you're going to want to see...she's interviewing a man who actually talks to the faeries and has physical contact with them...and he teaches people how to do the same.
It should be very interesting to see what this blog says...I'll let you know when she post it!

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hilda! ((((HUGS))))

Hey sweetie...sorry I took so long to answer you...it's been a busy busy week.

Tomorrow the winners will be announced at her place...don't miss it!

xoxoxo talk with you soon honey!
Hugs
Hawk