Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'M BAAAACCCCK!


As you can see from the picture above - my den, my mind, my heart, and my soul needed a serious Spring cleaning…so, o.k. I’m running a wee bit late…but better late than never, right?
As a writer things tend to pile up…your research books get placed on the wrong shelf because you’re so deep into your plotting you let them stack beside you on the desk until you need the space for plotting charts or that important cup of coffee. Then you shove the books just anywhere on the shelf or floor to find room…as you can see.
Dusting…ROTFLOL…yeah, right, o.k….as a writer there’s no time for that until one day you look down at your little white pooch and realize you never had a white dog, (when you bought him he was black) that’s when you know it’s time to dust.

There is always a time in an author’s life when you need to step back and regroup…to refill the soul with purpose, allow the mind to discover new ideas for awesome storylines, and as a romance author one always needs to capture the hubby to test all those new ideas out on him and keep romance alive….without that we can’t be romance authors now could we?
So, as I finish up me cleaning here…I just wanted to let you all know I’ll be back on my normal blogging schedule starting this Sunday. I hope you all haven’t found a new place to go and forgotten me…I’d miss you all too much…but I wanted to thank each of you for allowing me this time to do my Spring Clean.

21 comments:

Cecile said...

How could we ever forget the HOUSTON!! You know better than that honey!!! But I am glad that you "spring cleaned" out a few things!!!

I love the white pup/black pup reference, lmbo!! Yeah, I guess if mine are gray that means they went find the dust bunnies under the bed huh... lmbo!!

I hate cleaning.. but sometimes it is what the soul needs!
Hugs to my sister!

Blodeuedd said...

You're back :D
But yes keep on cleaning if the dust has taken over..though I must say that library does look pretty cool ;)

Cheyenne said...

What I want to know is! How on earth did you get a photo of the living room of my house! I thought I`d locked the door!

Just goes to show.

Lori Sanders-Foley said...

Seriously, you know that is my dream den. Double decker bookcases with a tree right in the middle of the room???

I so know about the need to dust den, dog, and brain.
There used to be a children's show "Big Comfy Couch" which had two characters called Fuzzy and Wuzzy...they were dust bunnies who lived under the couch. They made dust look good.

M.V.Freeman said...

I totally understand about regrouping Hawk, I do that regularly...no wait..I just turn into a hermit..different thing.

And you know, take your time...our roads are all different and sometimes you just have to sit for a moment and rest.

Hugs to you Hawk,

M.V.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Cecile!

Oh Gosh...everything was dusty...I really must look up from my work more often!

Yeap, if the dogs are anything but the color you bought them with...it's time to do a wee bit of dusting! lol...GLAD I could make you giggle sweetie!

Big cyber hugs Cecile!
HAWK xoxox

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Blodeuedd! Hugs Honey,

Ah, so you like me den do ya'? And I've read every book in it! LOL.
Actually...the tree is my favorite part of the whole room. LOL

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Chey!

Ah, glad you stoppped on over!

Oh, long time ago the wife had me over to your place for a visit and I hired the same builder, didn't ya' know?

LOL

Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Lori!

Hi Sweetie...it is a dream den isn't it...when I saw this picture I had to have it for my cyber world!

Wouldn't it be something to actually have a den like this to write our stories?
I'd become a hermit from the world for sure! LOL

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

M.V.,

Thank you.

xoxox
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

M.V.,

That comes from my heart...I now stand in your shoes.

Hawk

~Sia McKye~ said...

As the old crooner said, "Unforgettable, that what you are..."

Hey, here's three gold stars for you for all your hard work. I cleaned my office. Did you know? I actually have a floor, desk,bookshelves, and now, a couch again, lolol!

Hugs!

Christine said...

Glad you're back! I have to clean up papers and such all the time!

Love the picture!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Sia!

Oh...now that touches me old heart! Thank you, sweetie.

Man, Life can be rough can't it?

Big cyber hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Christine, Hey Baby!

Big hugs! I've missed you girl!

Are you almost ready for the nationals?

xo
Hawk

Liza said...

My place could use some spring cleaning too. Just have to say, those bookcases are in my dream house. Actually, I love the library in the Beast's house from Disney's Beauty & the Beast best of all. FYI, no way any of us could forget about you.

Hugs!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Liza,

LOL, I guess anyone who's in to books and writing would love a den like this one, huh.

(((HUGS))) Thank you for the kind words.

xoxo
Hawk

Leontine said...

I'm glad you're back Hawk! Spring cleaning can be so good for the heart and soul :) I hope you got lots of inspiration and test-time with hubby *grin*

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Sweetie!

Yap, hard to keep me down...I'm back and ready to go...

Thanks for the comment and the love!

Hugs
Hawk

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Wow, your office looks just like my office!

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Sharon!

LOL, our dens look the same...hummmmm, then we both must be authors! LOL

So glad you stopped by to visit!

Hugs
Hawk