Friday, September 3, 2010

Flashback Friday: Review: Wicked Hot by Charlene Teglia

Wicked Hot
By: Charlene Teglia
St. Martin's Press
Print ISBN: 13978-0312369460

The blurb!

The struggle between good and evil is about to get… Wicked Hot!!

Edana is a succubus—a breathtakingly beautiful demon who offers men their most decadent fantasy in exchange for their souls. No one can get close to her without being destroyed..until she meets Eli and Dal. Both men are Nephilim, immortal warriors who bind and banish demons. Edana’s mission is to arouse their lust and steal their souls before they can destroy her—she never expects to fall in love. Shared by two virile lovers and lost in a world of sensation, Edana begins to fall for one of the warriors, jeopardizing her mission. Only he has power to save her, but first she must give him power over her heart—and her destiny…

The above information was obtained from Ms. Charlene's website -->> here. All thoughts and words are my own! Thanks for reading!

This is one of the first reviews I did at my place... All I Want and More... I have freshen it up some... please enjoy!


Edana is the succubus. (I looked it up ~ what... at the time I did not know what they hell that was... I am NOT going to tell you what I thought that was, lmbo!) A succubus is a demon who takes the form of a highly attractive woman (or man) to seduce men (or women). They draw energy from the person to sustain themselves, often until the point of exhaustion or death. Her character is actually quiet funny and very blunt. She is quick woman... catching on pretty quickly to what will have to be done. And I might add.... Oh wait, no not yet, hee heee...

Eli and Dalen are (Again, I looked up... Nephilim is a child born of a human and a fallen angel) Edana describes them as very huge men... **evil wink** in every department. My imagination can only fill in the blanks!!! But believe me, with Ms. Teglia's writing, you might have to fill in those blanks. Eli is a complete control freak (which I fell in love with ~ yeah, my ocd and his control... we would make a hot team ~ him and I, lol) and warrior; while Dalen is the magic master and playful one! And believe me.... we get to see him play, oh man.. That man makes my tummy flutter... Hot!!! Now let's put them together in one house.... Oh shit is right!!!!!!!

Edana's job, by the way... she works for the devil... is to seduce Eli, the warrior and take his soul to hell ~ forever. The warrior and magician are the last of their kind. They are here to control the population - so to speak. The demon world is becoming over populated and they can't let that happen... So population control. Eli & Dalen.

This book takes you on an amazing journey of three people tied together... Literally tied together, lol!!! Oh, you will like this book! Believe me, my inner hussy was out... this book just brought her front and center. I mean come on, two freaking hot as a wet dream men... and one woman who thrives on... sex.... What do you think will happen. I will say that Ms. Teglia took me on a ride on the side of everything Wicked!!!

Now I have let this part this part stay as is... cuz this was my first review... And I love how "innocent" I was... hee hee....

Well... I was not exactly looking for the m/f/m thing. Didn't really know that was going to happen. Yea, I know... two virile lovers... nope, that didn't give it away for me. But the way it was balanced out was rather surprising. Now there were some parts that were very x-rated in the way it was told. I like hot scenes as much as the next, but some language takes some getting use to... especially when I just plunged back into the world of (erotic) reading from what seems like forever. I read in the matter of two days. When they say hot and steamy... this book delivers just that.

The story is actually quiet delicious! The middle of the book will leave you hot and bothered. I love how Ms. Charlene gave the devil a name: Nick! Go figure. The ending is very "awww" moving. Makes you close the cover saying, "It really was a great book!"

Now you know I have to touch on this: The cover is smoking HAWT.... man half naked... fire... come on! I mean.. The cover hussy in me would not let that one go!!!!!!

To find out more about Ms. Charlene, please visit her website -->> here!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

12 comments:

Cecile said...

I still love this book!!! Oh man... two brothers.... one woman... hot damn!!!!! Every hussy's dream! Okay, maybe just mine....

Hugs Hawk! Thanks for letting me come over and play!!!!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

LOL! Cecile!

This is an awesome review...the plot sounds interesting and mysterious indeed!

Oh...the cover...yummy!

LOL ...and succubus' have incubus' to go with them! :-D

Big hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

P.S. Cecile...

Thank you darlin' for joining me here! This is going to be a lot of fun for the other boys and girls!
I couldn't have done it without you!

Hugs
Hawk

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

This sounds like a super hot read for me! Perfect to compliment the super hot weather outside.. ugg!

elaing8 said...

I have read one of Charlene's books and I was fanning myself throughout it.Hot hot hot!!!
This one sounds the same and I think I'll have to go get it now :)
Great review.

Blodeuedd said...

You know Cecile I must know...what did you think it meant? ;)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Girls!

Thank you for coming by today to visit with us...

It was an awesome review wasn't it!

hugs
Hawk

Cecile said...

Thank you girls for coming over for my first day. I was kinda nervous..... so thank you for making me feel welcomed over here as well!!!! Hugs to you all!!

Hawk, thank you again for letting me come and play over here!!! Hugs Sister!!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Baby Sister Cecile!

(((HUGS))) I think you're a sweetheart and I thank you for making this your home on Flashback Fridays!

Great job C!

Big bbig hug
Hawk

Lorelei Confer said...

Loved the review and happy to read all the comments left by friends. Sounds like a book I'd love to read...at bedtime, too.

A man called Valance said...

I wasn't sure what a succubus was either. (You can bet my guess what pretty close to what you once thought it was) Thanks for enlightening me Cecile.

Cecile said...

Lorelei Confer~ Hey hon! Thanks for coming over! I really did love this book when I read and still do. It is still on my shelf, lol. And yeah... bedtime, definitely!
Hope you had a great weekend!

Mr. Valance~ Hey there! Thanks for coming over here and checking my review out. This was definitely a hotter than Texas day kinda book!! LOL!