Friday, November 19, 2010

I am late... I am sorry.. I will make up for it though... Review: Nicholas by Elizabeth Amber

Nicholas, The Lords of Satyr
Eotic Paranormal Historical Romance
Kensington Aphrodisia, August 2007
isbn 978-0-7582-2039-4

Blurb from the back cover of Nicholas:

The last in a fabled line of otherworldly aristocracy, the Lords of Satyr are born to wealth, power, and a talent for sensual delight that mere mortals only dream of. Commanded to marry, these passionate men will travel to Rome, Venice, and Paris—and along the way will explore desires both shamelessly wicked and blissfully divine…

HE HAD SWORN TO TAKE A PROPER WIFE. HE HADN’T BARGAINED FOR MEETING HIS MATCH…
Nicholas looks very much like what he is—a handsome, successful heir to a vineyard in Tuscany. But Nicholas is much more for he is one of the last in an ancient line of Satyr men. And the dying king of ElseWorld wants him not only to marry, but to wed one of the king’s own daughters—a half-human, half-faerie woman unaware of her heritage. Nicholas won’t shirk his duty to produce heirs to guard his race’s legacies, but he never planned to make his bride his only lover. A Satyr’s sexual hunger and sexual skills are legendary. One woman will never satisfy him.
Or so Nick believes until he meets Jane. As spirited as she is fey, as beautiful as she is innocent, she is nevertheless determined to make her new husband hers alone—and she’s eager for him to teach her every deliciously carnal secret he knows.
WARNING: This is a REALLY HOT book. (Sexually Explicit)
I am posting this straight from Ms. Elizabeth Amber's web site here.

The Short Summary:
First, let me start off by saying that this is my first historical novel, then my first historical paranormal novel. Now, with that being said, this novel was flipping amazing!!!
Next, all I can say is that you better be sitting on a block of ice with a glass of Cold Water next to you when you read this one!! Nicholas and Jane literally took my world and shook it for all that it is worth!
I have never met Nicholas's kind before; but one thing is for sure, I wanted more.
Nicholas is the first of the three brother's that I will introduce to you. He is the one in command of the vineyard that grows on the Satyr Estate. Their vineyard and estate is where the gate to the Elseworld and Earthworld is found. It is their duty to protect that gate at all times, their lives depends on it.
The brothers have a mission, to secure the daughters of King Feydon. Since Nicholas is the first born brother, he will naturally go first. And this proves to be a task at hand for him and a journey he will never forget!!!

I will give you a dictionary lesson, because I will be honest and say I did not know what a satyr was before reading this and it helped me to find out.

Satyr: Classical Mythology. one of a class of woodland deities, attendant on Bacchus, represented as part human, part horse, and sometimes part goat and noted for riotousness and lasciviousness.
Coutresy of
Dictionary.com

Now, I will skip my normal format for a review because for these books run together (I do advise to read them in order) and the characters go in and out of each book... , I will give you the plot, the main two characters and my thoughts. I don't want the review to be too long.

The Plot:
For Nicholas to wed King Feydon's daughter, to help secure their land and their future by doing so. Nicholas, aka as Nick, received a letter from King Feydon's death bed requesting that they Satyr brother's marry his three Earth daughters. They are knows as Faerie Blend females. The brothers are looking at this as a deal to strike. Marry and keep the women strictly as wives, nothing else. By marrying the women, they are protecting them from harm that the King is sure to fall upon them. They saw it as an obligation, a duty - nothing more. So, just imagine entering in a marry for the sake of protection and not love.

Jane was looking to get herself and her sister out of the house they were living in now and find a better life for them both. Nicholas was not looking for anything from anybody... but knew that he had to take a wife. A wife of duty, that was all. Can Nicholas change his bachelor ways? Can Jane trust and love a man she knows nothing of?

The Main Players:

Nicholas: He is a very handsome, determined man (hot, spicy and sexy all in one). He is oldest out of his three brothers. The commander, as I call him. He is a man use of getting what he wants, when he wants and does not take to being told "no" very well. Being of satyr blood, he is very sexual being in all ways to delight the mind. He has his own talents... but one small talent is for probing the minds of others. And he rated my title for "sex on a stick!"

Jane: She is a shy woman. She is also a virgin. And for the time this is placed in, that is valuable information about her. She lives with father (or at least the man she thinks is her father), her father's step-sister, Izabel and her own sister, Emma. Her mother passed away when her carriage was overturned because the coachman was found drunk. So the aunt thought it best if they moved from London to Tivoli. Her aunt thought it help cure her father's drunken state; which he seem to take after her mother's life was taken. She had magic in her that she tried to keep secret. She could read peoples thoughts through their touch. She worked magic through botany - she could bring to life what other people would consider to be dead.

My Thoughts:
Nicholas finds that Jane Cova is King Feydon daughter. The one he is wed; nothing more. Or at least that was what he was going for. Nicholas seeks Jane and asks her family if may take her hand in marriage. Now this arrangement kinda aggravated me because there was no love there in the beginning... but then I had to step back and remember the time, didn't matter about Elseworld or Earthworld, it was the date that I had to keep reminding myself about. A wife had duties, to bear children, expect to docile and nothing more.

But Jane lighten my spirits. Nicholas presented her with the contract of marriage and instead of just signing the paperwork and being done with it, she wanted to read it and know what she was signing. Well, you can only imagine the horror of shock on her aunt's face when she refuse to sign without reading. Nicholas allowed her to take her time and answered her questions. Now, this part of the book was humorous to me, because Jane realized that he could get out of the marriage by any means, but she was virtually stuck. Jane proves to be the undoing of Nicholas, but in a very gooooddd way!!

Her Aunt Izzy has her hands in some dirty water and that is all I am going to say about that... you will have to read to see what kind of b*tch she really is. And she gets what is coming to her!!
What I will give is Jane ~ a strong pat on the back and a standing ovation! When she finds herself, she really finds herself. And I give her all the credit in the world for taking the world she has come to know by the horns and being determined. Nicholas and Jane are two dynamic people and as their story unfolds you begin to see where love grows!

A few things I will include:
This story will leave your inner hussy very satisfied. in fact, you may be purring!! The love scenes in this book are very hot, passionate, sexy, and off the charts!! SMUT... ohhhh hell yeah!!!! This book did not leave me displeased at all... the opposite is true, I was very pleased with book so much, I consumed it about a day! There book's pace was great, it kept me turning the pages faster than you can spell Elizabeth's name! There was never a moment where I knew what was going to happen. It was an awesome book!

I hope you liked the review... I have three more reviews to come!!
If you liked the book review, please stay tune for more...
Please feel free to visit Ms. Elizabeth Amber's web site --->> here.
To read an excerpt of Nicholas, go --->> here.
The next book is Raine... then Lyon... then Dominic.
And to come in the future is Dane's story....
And if you want to stay in tune with what's going on with Ms. Elizabeth... please go to her Yahoo Group -->> here!!
And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature


8 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Great one :)
Though I do confess that their two thingies scared me away

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Yeah, I knew they always have scared you. But I promise it is painless and well.... You will have to find out for your self. But I promise it is/they are not scary! Very erotic though... Erotic definitely has to be your thing...

Thanks for coming over honey!!! HOpe you have a great weekend!!!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Hawk, have a great weekend!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Ohhhhhhh, Now I'm intrigued....this one's going on the list!

Thank you for such a great review sweetie!!

To see other hot book reviews go see Cecile at http://alliwantand more.blogspot.com/

Big hugs - see you all on Monday when I get back from a writer's retreat!

Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Cecile!

Thank you sweetie - YOU TOO!

Talk to you when we both get back!

Big hugs
Hawk

elaing8 said...

The two thingies is what makes me want to read this book.hehehe

JJ Cocker said...

"HE HAD SWORN TO TAKE A PROPER WIFE. HE HADN’T BARGAINED FOR MEETING HIS MATCH…"
No man ever does, and that's coming from a woman who's prepared to take on the Lord Almighty.

As for being late, I tend to saunter along in my own little world, but I'm worth the wait!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Elaine & JJ... you two are something else! This really is a great series!
Thanks for coming over! I hope you had a great weekend!