Friday, December 17, 2010

Flashback Friday: Review: Dominic by Elizabeth Amber

The review for Dominic will be shorter than the rest... first because there are actually two books in Dominic... Dominic's story and Vincent's story. Vincent is the son of (MY MAN) Nicholas and Jane!!

DOMINIC, THE LORDS OF SATYR
Erotic Paranormal Historical Romance
Kensington Aphrodisia
isbn 978-0758220417
(Over age 18 only please.)
Release date: MARCH 2009 .

Blurb from the back cover of DOMINIC:

A NIGHT OF PASSION . . . Dominic, a full-satyr warrior, serves as an important weapon in ElseWorld's war. Duty sends him through the interworld gate to find Emma for reasons he must keep secret. Meanwhile, Emma anxiously awaits her husband’s return home to Tuscany on a Calling night. But when Carlo arrives, injured in battle and unable to perform, she learns she must mate instead with Dominic. It is a night of hedonistic passion that leaves both wanting much, much more.

A MOMENT OF RAPTURE . . . Vincent is brokering peace in ElseWorld when he becomes involved with a lovely Shimmerskin female. Like other Satyr lords, he’s driven to mate from dusk to dawn every Calling night. While his brothers summon a different partner with each full moon, Vincent calls upon the same one time after time. He wants her to experience the same erotic pleasure he feels and one night she does—the magic is real. But so is the danger she brings with her.
WARNING: This is a REALLY HOT book. (Sexually Explicit)

Synopsis:
Novella 1: Dominic, a full-satyr warrior, serves as an important weapon in ElseWorld's war. Duty sends him through the interworld gate to find Emma for reasons he must keep secret. Meanwhile, Emma anxiously awaits her husband’s return home to Tuscany on a Calling night. But when Carlo arrives, injured in battle and unable to perform, she learns she must mate instead with Dominic. It is a night of hedonistic passion that leaves both wanting much, much more.

My Thoughts....
Dominic's Story:
Imagine being a human weapon... everyone is afraid of you. That is how Dominic lives his life. He is the Chosen One in the Elseworld. His job is to take demons out and house them within. The only way to pass on this great job is to die. And the Chosen One's are picked randomly, so one never knows who is going to get picked. So, if a bad-ass is what you want... then Dominic is what you get. But the thing that turned me... is his heart! You'll see.

Emma is Jane's (from Nicholas's story) baby sister. She feels like she does not belong because she does not house great magical skills like her sister or the other sisters. She is the female that will do whatever it takes not to ruffle feathers. She took a husband, Carlo, because he has some Satyr blood that runs through his veins. Although, I would like to run something else in Carlo's veins... poison. Carlo is an ass, he lies to make himself look better, he is worthless, cruel, and a weasel of a man. He does not love Emma no more than the man on the moon, but to live on the Lord of the Satyr land... well, he would do just about anything. Even sell is worthless soul to a demon in the Elseworld. He really deserves all he gets in this book. That made me smile... He gets his "just desserts"!!! Yea, I am pretty evil when it comes to men who get on my nerve and piss me off and hurt women just because they think they can.

These two make an awesome team to try to save what they can... You will have to read this one!!! But trust me.... you are going to fall in love with Dominic...because he is Sex on a Stick!ling night. While his brothers summon a different partner with each full moon, Vincent calls upon the same one time after time. He wants her to experience the same erotic pleasure he feels and one night she does—the magic is real. But so is the danger she brings with her.

*********

Novella 2: Vincent is brokering peace in ElseWorld when he becomes involved with a lovely Shimmerskin female. Like other Satyr lords, he’s driven to mate from dusk to dawn every Calling night. While his brothers summon a different partner with each full moon, Vincent calls upon the same one time after time. He wants her to experience the same erotic pleasure he feels and one night she does—the magic is real. But so is the danger she brings with her.

I obtained the syponsis and blurc all from Ms. Elizabeth Amber's web site -->> here.

My Thoughts...
Vincent... Oh my gosh.. his dad is Nicholas....
***fanning myself here... the hussy is already purring....***
((Side note, I am having problems posting this... it won't let me save... So bear with me))
Vincent lives with a friend of his, Landon, on the Satyr estate. They are very close friends... so close they share almost everything. Even their women, or shall I say they Shimmerskins. A Shimmerskin is a mystical woman the Satyr men can conjure up when ever they need to satisfy they most carnal desire. They are there to please the men no matter what might be requested of them. So, Vincent calls upon the same Shimmerskin, every time. He created her to be exactly what he wanted in a woman. He just did not realize that by calling her to him "desire," there would be a price to pay. The price, his precious Shimmerskin becoming a real woman in his bed. And a woman that would soon fill his heart.

Cara is Vincent's Shimmerskin... that is the name he bestows upon her becoming real. What is worst is that someone from the Elseworld is trying to control Cara... and cause harm to Vincent.
This story has it all... betrayal, sex, love, fear, a relationship triangle... and of course my Satyr men!!! You will have to read this story, but let me tell you for 12 chapters, you will be left smiling for the ending is awesome!!! Since it is only 12 chapters long, you guys will probably eat it up within a couple of hours... if that!!! This is another great story about the Satyr men. They never seem to cease to amaze me by what they are capable of doing.

I hope you have enjoyed the reviews of MY (LOL, you got that.... MY) Lord of Satyr Brothers!!!If you liked the book review, please stay tune for more... Please feel free to visit Ms. Elizabeth Amber's web site -->> here.
To read an excerpt of Dominic (click on his name.)
To read an excerpt of Nicholas, go -->> here.
The next book is ... then Raine... then Lyon .
And to come in the future is Dane's story...
And if you want to stay in tune with what's going on with Ms. Elizabeth... please go to her Yahoo Group -->> here!!
If you missed my review of Nicholas, please go -->> here.
If you missed my review of Raine, please go -->> here.
If you missed my review of Lyon, please go -->> here.
Hope you inner hussy is purring like crazy!!! Mine is!!!


And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

10 comments:

Brandi said...

Why oh why do you keep taunting me with these men! I really want to get the series. I hate waiting.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get an amazon gift card or two for christmas and can buy them...

*sigh*

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Brandi -

Isn't Cecile evil that way taunting us all with these nauty books and handsome men?!

Hon, you still have to e me with your snail mail addie if you want your free signed book. ;-) send it here
houstonawknight@tampabay.rr.com

Hugs
Hawk

Brandi said...

Yes shes a pro with it!

I sent it that day. Hmmm...I,ll send it off to you again in a sec.

Brandi said...

K...I just sent it to you. If you dont get it again let me know.

Blodeuedd said...

Not gonna say anything about thingies, cos in bittenbybooks I stumbled upon something truly freaky. Some Dracula book from way back where Dracula had a thingie with eyes on it...heh, freaky! So give me Dominic any day

~Sia McKye~ said...

mmm, this series sounds intriguing, Cecile. I do like the premise of always alone and not expecting love but getting the chance anyway.

Thanks for the review, sweetie!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Oh you ladies are super sweet on me! This truly is an awesome series!

And Blodeuedd... 0.0
Wow... And for you to say give you Dominic any day... WOW!!!

I am just glad that you all like the reviews so far! I love these men!!! All of them!!!

And yesh, the hussy in me loves that you guys think I try to entice you on purpose... On the the purpose to read smuttier books!!!!!

MMmmaaaaaawwwwwhhhhhhhaaawawwwwww My evil hussy laughter!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

OH and I hope you all have a great weekend!!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Hawk, I will try to talk to you today.. on my way home!

elaing8 said...

I need to read these brothers books soon :)
Great review.