Friday, December 10, 2010

Flashback Friday: Review: Lyon by Elizabeth Amber

LYON, THE LORDS OF SATYR
(#3 in The Lords of Satyr Series)
Erotic Paranormal Historical Romance
Kensington Aphrodisia
isbn 978-0758220417
(Over age 18 only please.)
Release date: August 2008.

Blurb from the back cover of Lyon:

The last in a fabled line of otherworldly aristocracy, the Lords of Satyr are born to wealth, power, and a talent for sensual delight that mere mortals only dream of. Commanded to marry, these passionate men will travel to Rome, Venice, and Paris—and along the way will explore desires both shamelessly wicked and blissfully divine…

HE IS ON THE PROWL . . .
The youngest of the Satyr brothers, Lyon enjoys working in the family's Tuscan vineyards,caring for his menagerie of animals and bedding beautiful women. But he knows he must fulfill his destiny of taking the last daughter of King Feydon as his bride. And so he travels to Paris to wed the infamous Juliette Rabelais . . .

FOR HIS MOST LUSCIOUS PRIZE . . .
A celebrated courtesan noted for both her culinary--and carnal talents, Juliette is a voluptuous beauty with a body meant to tease. And with a full moon only days away, Lyon is quickly aroused. But after a night of intimacy, Lyon wonders if Juliette is truly a mistress of sensual pleasure or whether his sexual mastery will be her undoing . . .
WARNING: This is a REALLY HOT book. (Sexually Explicit)

Synopsis:
In this erotic historical paranormal romance series set in the heart of Tuscany’s centuries-old wine country, three half-Satyr brothers receive a letter that sends them in search of three endangered half-Faerie brides.
Charming youngest brother Lyon is so ruggedly handsome that his looks have actually caused women to swoon. Though he resents that duty calls him to wed and doubts that he can ever love one woman, he nevertheless travels to Paris in search of the third bride.
At first glance, Juliette seems a good choice for him, for he discovers her to be a courtesan. Their passionate night together leaves him sated beyond his wildest imaginings, but her magic results in dire repercussions that only she can reverse.

All the above is obtained from Ms. Elizabeth Amber's web site -->> here.

I will give you a dictionary lesson, because I will be honest and say I did not know what a satyr was before reading this and it helped me to find out.
Satyr: Classical Mythology. one of a class of woodland deities, attendant on Bacchus, represented as part human, part horse, and sometimes part goat and noted for riotousness and lasciviousness.
Coutresy of
Dictionary.com

Since I found the Synopsis, I am not going to bore you with my short review. I am just going to start with my normal review but with my thoughts first... So, in case you want to skip the plot, the players and other comments, you can. Enjoy!

My Thoughts:
Imagine finding your true love/soul mate with just one scent. One word. One look and you knew. But the problem was, you were already bedding someone else... Yea... sucks!
Lyon shows up in Paris basically wanting to get the search for his bride over with... Really... being told that he had to secure a wife for the purpose of protection was not top on his agenda. He also never thought of himself as a one woman man! The reason Lyon is reluctant about this, is he believes that he will never find a woman to love. He wants a woman or many women to bed. Lyon is the randiest of the brothers and that carnal nature will get him into a tight spot.
He finds a "faerie blend" woman, Sibela and assumes that is his bride.... well... she is not what she seems to be.... Quite the opposite, but what Lyon does not know is that he will be tied to this woman whether he likes it or not.

Then he finds Juliette... or rather hears her voice, and smells her. Remember, faerie blend's have a special scent to them. So, he leaves Sibela to "hunt" for Juliette ~ even before he is finished.. ummm... having relations with Sibela. he seeks her out and when he catches up to Juliette, he realizes she resides at a brothel. That does not deter him from seeking her out. But she had a job to do... to bed him, not with sensual delight but with culinary delight. To seek out information from him out the pox virus and how the Satyr's kept their vineyards in good health. Her guardian and boss, Singore Valmont wants the information for his own benefit

In this books, the twists are sharper and the turns will be harder. Without giving to much (because you know I don't) this story is riveting. You will become spellbound. The web Ms. Amber's weaves in this one is awesome. This story is about... Family... Lyon's brothers need him to secure a wife to proceed with the protection of King Feydon daughters and to grant his last wish... Family... Juliette thought she was an orphan; left by her mother at the Hospice des Enfants Trouves (The Hospital of Found Children). She wanted to leave behind the life she was living now... until she finds out the truth of her heritage... This is a story of finding family and love. This is an emotional family/love story. And I promise you, each chapter will suck you in deeper and deeper... but by chapter 8... you will be SUCKED in!!!

The Main Players:
Lyon: Sex On A Stick!!!
He can bend the Will of others and control their thoughts. What was good about him controlling thoughts and bending Wills is that where ever he went, he was sure to draw an entourage of women. ((In our time... today... Imagine having the power that no matter where you went... men would stare and follow you because they think you are simply hot and delicious.)) That is Lyon of his time.

Juliette chose these words to describe Lyon, "One who chose his own path and was confident enough not to bow too deeply to the whims of style.... For a man so large, he moved with sleek grace... A man who can laugh at himself - a rare animal."

Lyon is not a man to feel jealously over another man wanting a woman, but with Juliette, he wants everyone to know that she is his, he wants to protect her, love her, desires her in all manners...

Juliette:
She is a virgin... an important fact for this time era. When we first meet Juliette she is counting her steps, reciting recipes just to simply cross the bridge. Why, because she is fearful of the outdoors, does not like nature and does not like water. She works in a brothel. She is not the proper courtesan for she is still a virgin, remember. But she has other powers that make her to valuable for the owner let her go. She is also accused of murder when she was young. So, by hiding out (so to speak in the house) she can live free. She considered herself to be a coward of sorts. Juliette is just dealing with what life dealt her. And for that, I feel for her and remember the era we are in... women were not allowed to defy men or speak up or be bold...

Sibela: She is a Nereid. Equal part sea-faerie and she-devil. She is just as her title would imply... she is a she-devil!!! Actually, in the beginning, I called her a b*tch; but towards the end of the story, she actually redeems herself by doing something for someone else. She is looking for protection from the Elseworld and Lyon is the perfect man to give it to her. She knows that he comes to Paris seeking a wife... and if she can bind him to her (by getting her with child), then she will have his protection. Every story needs a b*itch in and this comes complete with one! Even a nasty villain who gets his just desserts!!! **yup, I am evil**

Now a few things I will include: This story will leave your inner hussy very satisfied. In fact, you WILL be purring and possibly panting very loudly!! The love scenes in this book are amazingly hot, passionate, sexy, erotic and completely off the charts!! SMUT... ohhhh HELLLLLL yeah!!!! This book did not leave me displeased at all... the opposite is true, I was very pleased with book so much, I consumed it about a day! The book's pace was great, it kept me turning the pages so fast that I got a couple of paper cuts from turning the pages and caught some of the pages on fire, because I was turning so fast, lol!!! There was never a moment where I knew what was going to happen; the twists and turns in this book is more than in any other books!! It was an awesome book!!!! I hope to have left you intrigued enough to want these brothers in your TBR pile!!

I hope you liked the review... I have one more review to come!! If you liked the book review, please stay tune for more... Please feel free to visit Ms. Elizabeth Amber's web site -->> here. To read an excerpt of Dominic (click on his name.) To read an excerpt of Nicholas, go -->> here. The next book is ... then Raine... then Lyon . And to come in the future is Dane's story... And if you want to stay in tune with what's going on with Ms. Elizabeth... please go to her Yahoo Group -->> here!!
If you missed my review of Nicholas, please go -->> here.
If you missed my review of Raine, please go -->> here.

Hope you inner hussy is purring like crazy!!! Mine is!!!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

12 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

I tried to get Blodeuedd here... I know what she is going to say... Lol. I hope everyone is enjoying the brothers! Have a great wknd everyone!! Hugs!

Brandi said...

Lord! I think I'm a little damp!

I have this series on my wishlist. I may just break down and buy them...

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Cecile!

Our sweet little Blodeuedd has been MIA for a wee bit now...is she alright?

And if she is go get that girl and drag her over here...she's been missed!

:-(
Hawk
Oh BTW...Hot review for sure...I have to agree with Brandi very damp over here too. ;-)

Blodeuedd said...

So this is why my ears are burning, are ya'll talking about me ;)

And yes, the boys with the double thingies, how they freak me out!

But awww have I been missed, I did not even know I was missing. Oh me, well I have been busy with paper from hell

Houston A.W. Knight said...

BLODEUEDD!

Finally...you're found!

YES! We've been missing you!
I was starting to get worried. Glad to know you're alive and well!

And if it were that's boys two thingies that sent you running then I'm going to have to have a word with the hussy...

:-)
Good to see you're back!
Hugs
Hawk

elaing8 said...

Its the two thingies that intrigue me to read these books..lol
Great review Cecile.This is one of the books I still have to get.

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Blodeuedd~ Of Course we miss you when you are not around! You still make me giggle!! Hugs to you honey! Have a great weekend!!!!

Elaing8~ Hey honey!! You make me giggle even more! Hugs to you too honey!

Brandi said...

2 thingies = double the fun...

Like a Ménage for prudes...LOL

Yeah I make myself laugh often.

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Brandi~ You make me giggle! And it is great to find another person who can laugh with themselves!!!!
Thanks for coming over here too!!
And yea... two thingys... it is... very erotic!
Have a great weekend!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I always learn something here...I learned a new genre today. :) Great review!

Blodeuedd said...

;) All I have to say hihi

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Sharon K. Mayhew~ Hey hon! I am glad that I could show you something a little different!!! Thank you for coming!! I hope you had a great weekend!

Blodeuedd~ You make me giggle honey! Thanks for peaking in!!