Friday, February 18, 2011

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A TWENTY NINE YEAR OLD (forever – 29 mind you) SEASONED DEBUT AUTHOR?

Before I answer that question I want to announce the winner of the Rhonda Print's contest...and that is.... KRACKEN!!!!
CONGRAT'S HONEY!!!
Please contact me (see contact tab under header) and send me your e-mail address and I'll see that Rhonda gets it so she can mail you her e-book asap.

Now to answer the question above...There sure is and her name is Kristina McMorris!
Welcome Kristina!

Hi, Hawk! Thanks so much for inviting me onto your site as a guest. I'm thrilled to be here.

Excuse me while I rave about you…but I can’t help meself!

Girls, Kristina McMorris is a hair up while she works kind of award-winning author and a host of weekly television shows since age nine, including an Emmy Award-winning program and she has an incredible story to tell in her book.



LETTERS FROM HOME” will be released on February 22…that’s this coming TUESDAY!!!! Kristina, you must be excited!? This is your first release…is it like a first kiss…something you can only experience once in a lifetime?

Since this is indeed my first time experiencing the steps of journeying toward publication, I really don't have anything to compare it to, lol. I've heard from other authors that each book is equally as exciting and nerve-wracking. But something tells me that nothing would quite compare to seeing my debut's cover for the first time; it was a moment that finally made everything feel real. (And yes, I'm still drooling over the artwork. No question, the cover gods were smiling down on me.)

Gang…this is not a book just for women. It’s a book that was inspired by the love letters from a man to his woman. A woman who loved him back with each word she wrote in response to his loving words of adoration. Isn’t that right, Kristina?

That's absolutely right. I like to joke with my guy friends that there's enough battle, camaraderie, and Parisian prostitutes in the book to keep their attention. That seems to pique their interest! Seriously, though, the core of the story is relationships—of all kinds. It's about the complexities of love shared and strained between friends, parents and children, siblings, and, of course, couples. So while romantic entanglements are major elements of the novel, as are letters bearing both truth and deception, emotional growth and sacrifice, as well as forgiveness, are among its universal themes, to which I think most readers can relate.

I recommend you don’t miss this book’s release date -- it has endorsement quotes by such authors as Kristin Hannah, Susan Wiggs, and Lynn "Buck" Compton ("Band of Brothers" WWII vet). AND both Reader's Digest and Doubleday recently purchased various book club rights, Publisher’s Weekly just did a review of LETTERS FROM HOME, calling it "ambitious and compelling...[a] sweeping debut," and Woman's Day Magazine is giving the book a nice mention with the cover in their March issue!

So all of you who work in your cozy sweats like Kristina - get up, get your coat on, and get down to the bookstore and buy this book! Valance put that whiskey down and get out of that rocker, Cheyenne ride that horse of yours into town and Oscar mossy on down to the bookstore…you boys as well as us girl are going to love this book!

Don’t believe me?

Then watch this…and no, you wanton women, it’s not Kristina’s favorite video of sexy male lower abs that will drive you wild…Now, will you girls be good today?!! O.K., O.K., will you stop pounding your fists on the tables? I’m sorry she won’t share the flick on sexy abs, but what did you expect from a young five-foot-six, sexy little thing like Kristina whose favorite food is Italian gnocchi and tiramisu?

Hawk leans in to the girls and whispers…I mean really, can you believe during our interview she actually said … “All good things in moderation” when talking about chocolate – YES! CHOCOLATE!!! So tuck your dirty minds away and be NORMAL for two seconds. Goodness, you’ll scare our sweet Pacific Northwest girl away with lust demands like yours. Now, be good and just watch this…o.k., stop your pouting Cecile, Brandi, Sweet…and you too, Elaine! If you girls refuse to watch the video then listen up.



This book takes place In the midst of World War II, a Midwestern infantryman falls deeply in love through a yearlong letter exchange, unaware that the girl he's writing to is not the one replying. Woven around this tenuous thread are three female friends whose journeys toward independence take unexpected turns as a result of romance, tragedy, and deception, their repercussions heightened by an era of the unknown. Beautifully rendered and deeply moving, LETTERS FROM HOME is a story of hope and connection, of sacrifices made in love and war – and the chance encounters that change us forever.

BUT WAIT!!! There is a secret about this book…go over (especially Valance – you might learn something about being sweet to your lady- hint hint!) to Kristina’s site there you will find LETTERS…real love letters that inspired this story…here is a small sample that I promise will move you to tears when you read the rest of it at Kristina’s blog



Within these letters is the real love every romance reader longs to remember when she picks up a romance. You cannot miss the chance to feel the love each word put to paper draws from your heart…and you will find it is the same within this wonderfully written book LETTERS FROM HOME; it’s a true romance of the heart.

Kristina, you said love is sacrifice, why?

I know, that doesn't sound all that romantic, does it? But the truth is, especially now as a mother, I feel that deep love really has a chance to develop when you put another's needs over your own. By no means am I saying people should dismiss their own needs and self-worth, nor am I saying the sacrifices must be on a grand scale (though such conflicts make for much more compelling reading), but even in the little chores we do daily. Caring about another's feelings and actually putting that care into action can be a wonderful step in not only a relationship's growth, but also in a personal sense.

I couldn’t agree with you more. True love is always a sacrifice and not just once but throughout the relationship. True love is never ending and neither are the sacrifices you willingly make for the one you love.

On that note I would normally end this here BUT THERE IS MORE!

A CONTEST!!!

TWO BOOK GIVE AWAY!!!

And KRISTINA WILL AUTOGRAPH THEM TOO!

This CONTEST is open for all and it is based on POINTS. The person(s) with the highest points will have their name go into the hat for the chance to be drawn out for the win. AND THERE WILL BE TWO WINNERS!!!!! So you decide how many out of the list you want to do.

*If you have already done one or more of these point getters…BE SURE to remind me where and what you did when you make your comment and I’ll check it out and award you your points. ** And for those who are just now doing it, be sure to tell me what and where you did it so I can go check it out and give you your points.

Here are your options…have fun!

1) 5 points - for all who join ‘My Nestlings’ (4th box down on the right side bar)

2) 4 points - nab me button and put it on your blogs side bar. */**

3) 3 points - leave a comment with your e-mail on this post

4) 2 points - for every mention of this contest’s free give away on your blog or someone else’s. */**

5) 1 points - for every question you answer correctly



QUESTIONS:

1) What was Kristina’s favorite feature on a man?

2) How tall is Kristina?

3) What is Kristina’s favorite food?

4) How old is Kristina?

5) What does Kristina wear while working?

6) Is Kristina a hair up or hair down kind of girl while she’s creating wonderful books?

7) What did Kristina say about chocolate?

8) What did Kristina say about love?

9) How many stamps do you see on the cover of the book LETTERS FROM HOME?

10) Where is Kristina from?


Thank you for joining me and Kristina here today on

Come back next Friday to find out who the winner(s) are!


Hugs

13 comments:

Kracken said...

Well Hot diggity! What a way to start the weekend! Alas, I have to wait until later to read the whole post. I can't see it all on my cell phone and am off to do have a stress test! UGH!

Rhonda I can't wait to read your ebook! It will be my first!! And I can't say that about to many things these days!

Kristina, I am looking forward to watching your video later today and the rest of the interview! I have only seen a smidge and I am super excited!! I think your book will be a perfect treat for me to take to the Bahamas next week!!

Thanks again Hawk!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Kracken!

Glad you stopped in - I'll see you later because this is one book you don't want to miss! It touches the heart!

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Kracken send me whatever e-mail addie you want (see tab under head for my e-mail addie) me to have have Rhonda mail you your copy of her e-book!

Congrats young lady!

Hawk

elaing8 said...

Congrats Kracken

Great interview ladies. The books sounds really good.

**hands on hips** seriously???
There's a video of sexy male lower abs out there and you didn't share..**hmph**
ok..I'll behave..I'm just saying,I would have shared ;)
Watching the video really sold me on the book.

Congrats Kristina on the new release

+5 (your other right Elaine **rolls eyes**) already joined your Nestlings (wasn't sure what you were talking about there for a minute)

+3 comment and email
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

+2 tweeted http://twitter.com/elaing8/status/38632995011309568

+10 answered questions(if I got them right)

1) What was Kristina’s favorite feature on a man?
ABS **see above** lol

2) How tall is Kristina?
five-foot-six

3) What is Kristina’s favorite food?
Italian gnocchi and tiramisu

4) How old is Kristina?
29

5) What does Kristina wear while working?
cozy sweats

6) Is Kristina a hair up or hair down kind of girl while she’s creating wonderful books?
hair up

7) What did Kristina say about chocolate?
All good things in moderation

8) What did Kristina say about love?
love is sacrifice

9) How many stamps do you see on the cover of the book LETTERS FROM HOME?
3 and a half :)

10) Where is Kristina from?
Pacific Northwest

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Elaing!

I've got your numbers! And thank you for the twitters! xoxoxox

Hugs
Hawk

Kristina said...

Hawk - Thanks so much for having me here! I appreciate all your support.

Kracken - Hopefully the video is more enjoyable to watch on a larger screen, lol. I should warn you though, the book only makes for a good read in the Bahamas if I get to go too. Ooh, I miss the sunshine. :)

Kristina said...

Elaine - Wow, you earned all those points so quickly! Yay. Thanks for entering, and for your kind words. Oh, and if you locate that abs video, be sure to let me know!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Kristina! *HUGS*

It is unusually quiet today so it looks like everyone will be stopping by throughout the weekend with comments...

Trust me the gangs been slow these days...I'm gonna have to crack the whip on them! LOL

Thank you for the awesome interview and come next Friday - after all have had a chance to enter - I'll let you know who our two winners are!

Hugs
Hawk

Blodeuedd said...

Hm, if Elaine already wrote all the answers..wouldn't I be cheating then if I wrote them too ;)

Nice post, and that cover looks so sweet. I really like it. Sounds like a good book too

blodeuedd1 at gmail dot com

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Blodeuedd,

Don't assume she got all the answers to the questiond correct...
;-)

Hugs and thanks for commenting!
Hawk

Kracken said...

Okay here it goes and I did not look on Elaine's!!

1) 5 points - for all who join ‘My Nestlings’ (4th box down on the right side bar)ALEADY A NESTLING

2) 4 points - nab me button and put it on your blogs side bar. */** DONE goto www.apeys.blogspot.com

3) 3 points - leave a comment with your e-mail on this post DONE X2

4) 2 points - for every mention of this contest’s free give away on your blog or someone else’s. */** See my blog www.apeys.blogspot.vom

5) 1 points - for every question you answer correctly



QUESTIONS:

1) What was Kristina’s favorite feature on a man? Lower Abs

2) How tall is Kristina? 5'7"

3) What is Kristina’s favorite food? Her grams sweet potato casserole

4) How old is Kristina?35

5) What does Kristina wear while working? sweats

6) Is Kristina a hair up or hair down kind of girl while she’s creating wonderful books? UP

7) What did Kristina say about chocolate? To have in moderation!

8) What did Kristina say about love? That it is a sacrifice.

9) How many stamps do you see on the cover of the book LETTERS FROM HOME? 4

10) Where is Kristina from? right now Portland Oregon

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Congrats Kracken! Happy Dance for you!!!!

Great interview Ladies!! Houston, thanks for bringing Ms. Kristina to your place for us to meet!

Elaine = behave.... LMBO!!!!!!!! OH please... But Elaine does share....

Who is not sharing.. Men!??! Humfph!

Okay, well here goes my answers...

+10 answered questions(if I got them right)

1) What was Kristina’s favorite feature on a man?
ABS **see above** lol

2) How tall is Kristina?
five-foot-six

3) What is Kristina’s favorite food?
Italian gnocchi and tiramisu

4) How old is Kristina?
29

5) What does Kristina wear while working?
cozy sweats

6) Is Kristina a hair up or hair down kind of girl while she’s creating wonderful books?
hair up

7) What did Kristina say about chocolate?
All good things in moderation

8) What did Kristina say about love?
love is sacrifice

9) How many stamps do you see on the cover of the book LETTERS FROM HOME?
I say four

10) Where is Kristina from?
Pacific Northwest

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Cecile,

I've got your answers...how many stamps did you see? Just want to be sure I got your answer correct. ;-)

Thanks for coming over sweetie and joining in the contest! Good luck...