Friday, February 25, 2011

WINNERS, WINNERS, WINNERS!!!!

Today I’ll announce the winners of our Kristina McMorris Contest!


But first…




for those who missed the interview last week and for those who didn’t win…do go out and buy this book…it’s romance at its best. Here is a blurb From Kristina's website

Chicago, 1944. Liz Stephens has little interest in attending a USO club dance with her friends Betty and Julia. She doesn't need a flirtation with a lonely serviceman when she's set to marry her childhood sweetheart. Yet something happens the moment Liz glimpses Morgan McClain. They share only a brief conversation - cut short by the soldier's evident interest in Betty - but Liz can't forget him. Thus, when Betty asks her to ghostwrite a letter to Morgan, stationed overseas, Liz reluctantly agrees.

Thousands of miles away, Morgan struggles to adjust to the brutality of war. His letters from "Betty" are a comfort, their soul-baring correspondence a revelation to them both. While Liz is torn by her feelings for a man who doesn't know her true identity, Betty and Julia each become immersed in their own romantic entanglements. And as the war draws to a close, all three will face heart-wrenching choices, painful losses, and the bittersweet joy of new beginnings.

Just so you know what you’ll be missing if you don’t go buy this book…TRUST ME… LETTERS FROM HOME is a book you’ll keep on the bookshelves forever to read over and over again.

Letters From Home was released in trade paperback from Kensington Books on Feb 22, 2011 in the U.S.. Yes, it just came out this past Tuesday! Avon/HarperCollins will release it for sale on May 5, 2011 in the U.K. Book club rights have been sold to Reader's Digest and Doubleday, and the film rights are represented by the prestigious Creative Artists Agency of Los Angeles. A portion of Kristina's sales proceeds will benefit United Through Reading®, a nonprofit organization that video records deployed U.S. military personnel reading bedtime stories for their children. See side panel for other places to buy the book.

Now for our WINNERS!

The two names I drew out of the hat are .... *Drum roll* Cecile and Elaine!

But I'd like to offer a surprise gift to Kracken who was a great team player and had some very interesting answers that were quite correct...Now, You three have one week to contact me (see contact tab under header) with your snail mail address, which I will forward the winners to Kristina so she can autograph and mail your books out to you…the sooner you get me that info, the sooner you get the books! ;-) And Kracken I'll mail your gift out asap. If you fail to contact me within the week, a new winner will be picked from the hat.


I want to thank all of you who have joined me and Kristina this week, and last, I give big cyber hugs to all who became new followers here on my blog. Those who are my old followers – you all know I adore you already! A big thank you to all who played in the contest! And last but not least…thank you, Kristina, for allowing us to enjoy this time with you and for sharing this wonderful and loving story with us.

Thank YOU, Hawk. It was wonderful being here. I appreciate all your support and enthusiasm, and for any of your readers who are kind enough to pick up a copy of the book, I hope they enjoy the read!

Big hugs ((((xoxox))))

BTW - Anyone interested in seeing Kristina…check out her LIVE and ONLINE events posted on Kristina's website


Again, thank you for coming Kristina and the best of sales to you darlin'!
And for all my blogger friends THANK YOU for the support you always show by coming by and leaving a comment and playing in my contest! (((HUGS)))
See you next


xoxoox

6 comments:

Kracken said...

Yeah thank u thank u!! I am sitting in the Bahamas and have no idea how long my phone will work to type this! I am super thankful and it was fun! I will be back Monday and will email! I will drink a Bahama Mama and then some for u ladies!

elaing8 said...

Sweeeet!!!!!! :)
Congrats Cecile and Kracken
Thanks Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hugs to both of you! I'm happy you're happy! Remember send me your snail mails addies!

Cecile...I know yours I'll send it when I send off Elaines! Hugs for the win sweetie!

Hawk

becca said...

congrats to the winner

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Hey honey!!!!!!! Congrats Elaine!!! This is awesome!!!!
Hugs to you sweetheart!!!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Becca,


Hugs
hawk