Friday, March 11, 2011

ANGIE FOX IS BACK!!!!

With Romance and Harleys


I received a fun reader email the other day from a Harley biker who wanted to ask me a “very important question.”

Do you know your book is in the romance section?

As if Harley riding biker witches and romance are mutually exclusive. In fact, I think everyone should read (and experience) romance in their lives. It’s fun. It makes you feel good. Come to think of it, that’s kind of what it’s like to ride a Harley.

Not that I know a lot about bikes, but I did have to learn my share in order to write The Last of The Demon Slayers. In it, the biker witches ride cross-country in search of a fallen angel as well as answers to what’s behind the revolution brewing in hell.

This book was a blast to research. In order to get things right, I had to check out a Prohibition-era speakeasy or two. There’s a magical speakeasy hidden underneath an abandoned biker bar and I didn’t want any supernatural creatures coming after me if I got it wrong.

Then of course the story ended up taking on a life of its own. Case in point – there’s a character who was supposed to have a small part, but who surprised me. Neil is this old hippie who offers to shelter Lizzie and the biker witches when they reach California. Only Neil also happens to be an old flame of Lizzie’s grandmother.

Neil is this great, interesting, admittedly quirky guy. He’s really sweet, which makes it a lot of fun when Lizzie takes an instant dislike to the man. She doesn’t want to think of her grandma having a flirty, romantic past, or that Neil is more than happy to take up where he and Grandma left off. It was so much fun to drive Lizzie crazy with this romantic subplot.

Over-arching drama and intensity are great, but to me, little character interactions like this can really make a book. And they’re such a kick to write.

To celebrate the release of The Last of the Demon Slayers, I’m giving away a copy and the winner Hawk will announce on a special post - Sunday the 13th. So don't miss it! To enter...Just take the "What’s Your Biker Witch Weapon?" quiz at the link below and come back and post your results here.

Thanks for reading and good luck!

http://quiz.angiefox.com/biker-witch-weapon/index.php


ANGIE!




11 comments:

June M. said...

Anaconda Spell

Anaconda spell: Squeezes the fight right out of 'em.

manning_j2004 [at] yahoo [dot] com

becca said...

she is new to me will have to check out her writing

Houston A.W. Knight said...

June!

Thanks for coming by to play...I've got your answer and your name in the hat! Come back on Sunday to see if you're the winner! Good luck Sweetie!

Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Becca!

((HUGS)) hey honey! OMG, Angie Fox is a fun and entertaining read.She's a writer with a wonderful voice! You'll enjoy her books! She's a must for you TBL!

Hey...go do the test and enter this contest...you could win her book!

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

June M,

Ah...I was hoping you had a blog for me to visit...sad to see you don't. Well, you come back here as often as you like...I love having you here the door's alway open.

Hugs
Hawk

Angie Fox said...

Aw, thanks, Hawk. The books sure are fun to write. And look at June wielding that spell jar. Looks like a true biker witch!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Angie!!!

I see that...how does my stun spell go up against June's Anaconda Spell?

LOL...yap I couldn't resist...even though I can't play for the free book I wanted to know how my witchery was working these days... so I had to do the test!

Thank for dropping in today!

Looks like you might have a new fan in Becca! ;-)

Big hugs Sweetie
Hawk

elaing8 said...

Hi Hawk and Angie

My weapon of choice:

Stun Spell: They'll never know what hit 'em

I can handle that :D (it actually kind of suits me..lol)

Blodeuedd said...

Disintegration Spell

Disintegration spell: Makes your enemy disappear. Will also eat holes in your socks.

Lol, would love that weapon...but aha! So that is why my socks look like this

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Elaine...OMG we got the same one! Show we think and act alike! TEEHEEE!!

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Blodeuedd!

A Disintegration Spell???Oh man...I want one of those...do you think Angie will let me trade up?

Disintegration is so much more witchy than a stun spell...if she won't let me switch I'm sticking with me blow torch! LOL

Hugs Darlin'
Hawk