Friday, March 18, 2011

Kelly Moran is HERE!!!! CONTEST TIME! Win an E-Book


First, a big thanks to Hawk for letting me invade her blog today. Next week Friday, on the 25th, a week after this post, Hawk will choose one commenter to win a FREE eBook copy of my new contemporary romance, SUMMER’S ROAD.
If interested, you can find reviews, trailers, and more on my
Web site at www.authorkellymoran.com,
or my blog at www.authorkellymoran.blogspot.com/.
I’m also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/authorkellymoran,
Myspace at www.myspace.com/authorkellymoran,
Goodreads at www.goodreads.com/authorkellymoran,
and Twitter at www.twitter.com/authorkmoran.

The inspiration for SUMMER’S ROAD was quite simple and stemmed from two things. First, my love of the south. Though I live in Wisconsin, a good part of my family is in the Carolinas. I love it there and it was the perfect setting. And second, two songs that even listening to now draw up the characters and plot in my head. The songs? “The One” by Gary Allen, and “Collide” by Howie Day. If you haven’t heard them, look ‘em up. Seriously. If my book were a movie, they’d both be the theme song. Sigh.

BLURB: After her father’s death, Summer Quinn realizes just how alone she feels in the world. With no family to fill her life now, she finds comfort among friends, but yearns for true love, contentment, and family. When her boyfriend, Matt, suggests they raise their relationship to a higher level, Summer jumps at the chance to get everything she’s always wanted. Only, she doesn’t expect the heat arising between her and her best friend, Ian – a man who never seems to settle down. A man the complete opposite of what she’s looking for. But when her estranged mother reappears after twenty-eight years, Summer’s world completely flips upside down. As secrets from her family’s past and Ian’s true feelings for her emerge, Summer’s now faced with choices she’s not sure she can make. The rest of her life’s happiness hinges on Summer confronting a past she’d rather deny and legitimately opening her heart to love, even if it’s not where she expected to find it.

EXCERPT: Summer stepped onto the pier and gazed out over the ocean. Nighttime here was different than back home. There weren’t any city lights to disguise the stars. The ocean looked black, as dark as the sky above, so that across the horizon, she couldn’t tell where the sky ended and the water began. It was kind of like looking into heaven, like looking into the earth’s soul.
The drum of footsteps behind her broke her from her reverie. Turning, she saw Ian coming toward her. Shirtless, he hadn’t even bothered with the button on his jeans, he strode closer in bare feet with a bottle of wine in one hand and glasses in the other.
All she could think was how damn delicious he looked in the moonlight. Heat pooled in her belly and spread throughout her body like a wildfire. Ian Memmer. Not good.
“You shouldn’t be out here by yourself,” he said, pouring a glass of white wine and handing it to her, the look in his eyes saying it looks like you need this.
She took the glass from him and sipped before answering. “That’s the point, to be by myself.”
He raked a gaze over her. “And if you fell in?”
Maybe it was the moonlight. Maybe it was the call of the ocean. Whatever it was, something made her want to test the boundaries between them again. Matt or not. Friendship or not. Consequences be damned. “Then you’d save me. You always do.”

Big thanks again to Hawk, and good luck in the contest. If you don’t win, I hope you consider picking up a copy on March 25th. Best always.

XO
Kelly

Kelly, thank you for coming over today. The article was fascinating! It's always a pleasure having you here! (hugs Darlin' and I will be buying your book on the 25th)

O.K., this contest is easy...

There are faces in this picture...those who guess the right number of faces get there name tossed into the hat for a chance to be drawn as the winner!

And if you join as a follower to this blog, I'll put your name in twice...those that are followers get a automatic two names in the hat!

Have fun...hugs and love


19 comments:

June M. said...

I can see 5 and am a follower

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey June I've got your names in the hat!

Hugs
Hawk

elaing8 said...

Sounds like a good book.
Well at first I couldn't see any faces.It took a minute for my eyes to focus and pick them out..I also only see 5.

Kelly Moran said...

Thanks so much, Hawk for having me.

You guys don't need an e-reader Like Kindle or Nook to enter. The book will be emailed directly to you and you can read it right on your PC.

I do believe this contest is running until the 25th, right? Hawk? LOL

XO

Kelly Moran said...

@ June and Elaine-- thanks so much for the interest!
XO

Kelly Moran said...

My comment seems to have disappeared, so here we go again---

BIG THANKS to Hawk for having me over! It's an honor, friend!

Commenters don't need an e-reader like Kindle or Nook to enter. The book will be emailed directly to you and you can read it right on your PC.

Amazon does not have the Kindle version up yet, but they do have the print one--
http://www.amazon.com/Summers-Road-Kelly-Moran/dp/1601548788/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1300537863&sr=1-1

HAWK-- the winner is being announced on the 25th, right? LOL.

XO

Kelly Moran said...

@ Elaine and June-- thanks so much for the interest and coming by. XO

Houston A.W. Knight said...

O.K., I'm posting this for Kelly.

Kelly said:

My comment seems to have disappeared, so here we go again---

BIG THANKS to Hawk for having me over! It's an honor, friend!

Commenters don't need an e-reader like Kindle or Nook to enter. The book will be emailed directly to you and you can read it right on your PC.

Amazon does not have the Kindle version up yet, but they do have the print one--
http://www.amazon.com/Summers-Road-Kelly-Moran/dp/1601548788/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1300537863&sr=1-1

YES!!!

Remember the winner will be announced on Friday the 25th!!!

Hugs
Hawk

Kelly Moran said...

found my problem. blogger wiped my whole blog. 100 author interviews, 300 plus reviews, 500 followers-- GONE. i have to set the whole thing up again. they gave me no explanation.
Kelly

Angi Morgan said...

I see five.

Your book sounds very interesting Kelly. Best of luck and great success!

~~Angi

Oscar said...

All I can see are flowers!

Kelly Moran said...

Thanks so much guys.

Woke up this a.m. to my whole blog gone. Please re-follow me at the new one. It's listed on my profile.

XO

Kelly Moran said...

I also really appreciate the interest in my new book. You guys are awesome.

THANKS HAWK. xoxo

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Angi,

I've got your name in the hat! Thanks for coming by to play...if you want an extra chance to win become a follower...

Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Oscar,

OMG...I was just like you until Elaine pointed them out to me...look at the white areas between the flowers.

Hope that helps
Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

POSTING FOR KELLY:

Kelly Moran has left a new comment on your post "Kelly Moran is HERE!!!! CONTEST TIME! Win an E-Boo...":

Thanks so much guys.

Woke up this a.m. to my whole blog gone. Please re-follow me at the new one. It's listed on my profile.

XO

Houston A.W. Knight said...

posting for Kelly:

Kelly Moran has left a new comment on your post "Kelly Moran is HERE!!!! CONTEST TIME! Win an E-Boo...":

I also really appreciate the interest in my new book. You guys are awesome.

THANKS HAWK. xoxo

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Kelly!

Major cyber hugs! Sorry about your blog and I've already gone and rejoined as a follower...your place looks awesome!

xoxo
Hawk

Kelly Moran said...

Thank you. Set up the new one, but it took awhile.
kellymoranauthor.blogspot.com
XO