Friday, April 8, 2011

Does Reality Reflect Our Beliefs?

I guess it's the writer in me...but I'm always asking, WHAT IF....


What if everything we wished for
came true...would we really be happier?

Most people would say "Yes, of course!" But I have to really wonder...so many people believe they are in need of this or that, but when it gets right down to it...how much do we really need to be happy?

What if YOU were to stop right now and look around the room you're in...how much would you absolutely need to take with you if you were told you had to leave your house in five minutes and would never return?

I think most of us would be surprised with our choices when push came to shove.

How much does our reality play a part in our choice? Would an artist take his favorite brush? Would a writer take her flash drive file? Does the doctor takes his iphone or meds? And a mother...does she grab baby pictures or her wedding ring?
Will the child take his favorite toy or does he grab the family dog that bit him?

I remember returning to the USA in the early 70's ...that year a big earthquake hit LA...my mother ran to save her iron....not her cherished yellow dishes, not her pearls...or her children...she saved her iron. What if ...she'd saved her fur coat instead of her iron...would her life have turned out differently by making another choice?

How much does our beliefs affect our reality?

How much does our reality affect our beliefs?

Just wondering...BTW....may all your wishes come true...just be careful for what you wish...you just might get it.



Thanks for visiting me on


HUGS

10 comments:

becca said...

love the post

Blodeuedd said...

My clothes, my books...by box filled with my papers about my fantasy series..hm make that my computer then

Houston A.W. Knight said...

becca!

Oh...so glad youj liked it sweetie...just me mind wandering as it wants to do.

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Blodeuedd,

Boy, you'd be moving around that place pretty fast to get all that in five minutes! LOL...now that would be something to see in itself! ;-)

Big Hugs Sweetie
Hawk

Johnny D. said...

I'd have to grab my wife! She's my reality!

elaing8 said...

Great post.
I would grab my laptop and pictures.And my personal documents.There's stuff on my laptop I can't replace.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Johnny!

I LOVE your answer! It is SOOOOOOOOO awesome to hear a man say that about his wife!!!!

Now she's one lucky lady!

Hugs
Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Elaine,

Yeah, I'd hate to leave my lap top (all my books are on there) but I'd have to leave it because I know me hubby would be grabbing me so that means I'd have to grab our dog. Unless I grabbed hubby first then he'd have to take the dog...either way hubby, wife and dog are leaving together.
;-)

Big hugs
Hawk

Oscar said...

I'd leave everything material and start all over again. The living I would take.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Oscar...I love your answer...smart man!

Hugs
Hawk